Premier is a new competition system in Valorant, and today we’re going to tell you how Overtime works in Valorant Premier. This is a very important topic due to the fact that the new system has some significant differences from standard ranked matches.
Also, we are going to explain to you what Overtime is, and why it is important in games like Valorant. So, let’s take a look at the new system and see how it works!
How does Overtime work in Valorant Premier?
Valorant Premier is a new tournament system that brings a couple of interesting features to the game. Here is the official FAQ where you can find answers to some of the most popular questions. The new Overtime system is also described there. Here is a short guide on how it works:
- If both teams win 12 rounds, then Overtime will start.
- The first team to win 12 rounds will have Overtime priority.
- At the beginning of Overtime, the team with priority has to choose a side. This should be done by a simple vote. There are five players on a team, and they have to decide if they want to be attackers or defenders.
- Teams can play up to two sets of Overtime, swapping sides each round.
- Players will have to play a Sudden Death round if both sets of Overtime result in a draw.
- The sides for the teams in this Sudden Death round are the same as in the first Overtime round.
What is Overtime in Valorant and why is it important?
Overtime is a special system that allows you to continue the match when you have a draw. Your main goal is to win 13 rounds, but sometimes both teams are evenly matched. In this case, they will both win 12 rounds, and Overtime or Sudden Death will help in resolving this situation.
That’s all the major changes to Overtime in Valorant Premier. However, you should be aware that this system is in the beta test stage and it may be changed in the future.
Before you go, feel free to check out our Valorant best guns tier list. If you want to read more guides, please check our article on how to surrender in Valorant. Also, we've got a guide on how to unlock new skins in Valorant.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Guides and Valorant page.