Wondering how Modern Warfare 3 Tac Stance works in Sledgehammer Games' latest release? We've got you covered. Modern Warfare 3 is 2023's Call of Duty title and contains plenty of innovations in addition to plenty of familiar features from previous games.
Alongside the campaign, multiplayer is back with an extensive map list and the return of an iconic villain from 2011's Modern Warfare 3. The developers have also made plenty of changes to the movement mechanics, with one of them being Tac Stance.
What is Modern Warfare 3 Tac Stance?
Modern Warfare 3 Tac Stance is described as a compromise between hip-fire and aiming down sights. Sledgehammer Games has shed some light on how this particular movement mechanic behaves in the heat of battle:
- The operator unshoulders the weapon and holds it in a canted firing position.
- You can toggle in and out of Tac-Stance dynamically while aiming down sights.
- Tac-Stance trades precise accuracy for improved mobility and handling.
- Some spread to your firing will occur, best described as a middle ground between full ADS and hipfire.
- It is designed to be used in aggressive, close-quarter combat situations.
- By default, you fire in Tac-Stance while Sliding.
How to Tac Stance in Modern Warfare 3
The process of activating Modern Warfare 3 Tac Stance is incredibly straightforward. When entering a narrow corridor or a compact room, simply activate Tac Stance to benefit from the increased weapon performance during those high-intensity battles.
Of course, we'll have to wait and see how it compares to aiming down sights and firing from the hip when the beta goes live. For now, this new innovation sounds like an exciting way to increase the pace of play.
There you have it, that's all there is to know about Modern Warfare 3 Tac Stance. For more, check out our guides containing intel on campaign early access and how to transfer Modern Warfare 2 skins over to the new game.