Looking for information on the Genshin Impact Moonlight Merriment event? Genshin Impact 2.1, Floating World Under The Moonlight, is just around the corner, and with it come new festivities that will mark the game's first anniversary.
These will bring a new major event known as the Moonchase Festival, a fresh in-game celebration that will take place across the Liyue region, now adorned with proper festive decorations. This festival will showcase a Treasure Hunt Event, called Moonlight Merriment.
What is Genshin Impact Moonlight Merriment?
The Moonlight Merriment event involves completing several quests in Moonchase Tales, a series of challenges in the form of Trail of Delicacies, and a treasure hunt game mode called Moonlight Seeker. Thess challenges will see you travelling through Mondstadt, Liyue, and Dragonspine while trying to get the elusive Moonchase Charms and open several Mystmoon Chests dotted across the map. This new game mode will bring several different rewards, obtainable with an exclusive currency during the event.
Keep in mind that you need to be Adventure Rank 28 and complete the Archon Quest "Chapter I: Act III - A New Star Approaches" and "Trulla Chapter: Act I - Mondstadt Gastronomy Trip".
Genshin Impact Moonlight Merriment Release Date
The Genshin Impact Moonlight Merriment event will run from September 27 and its many phases will last until the end of update 2.1. To play this event, you need to be at least able to access the Liyue Region and have unlocked all the Statues of the Seven in the event-related areas of the map so you can easily take part in the event. Activate them before the event starts so you can start playing right away!
Genshin Impact Moonlight Merriment Phases
Part 1: September 27, 2021 - October 1, 2021
Part 2: October 1, 2021 - October 10, 2021
Moonlight Merriment - Moonchase Tales
The Moonchase Tales involves several cuisine-related quests that will enable you to obtain several rewards, such as the Recipe: Oncidium Tofu, Recipe: Rice Pudding, and Recipe: Braised Meat. The list of quests related to this part of the event are the following:
- Moonlight Merriment: Part I
- Moonlight Merriment: Part II
- Contraption-Contrived Cooking Course: Part I
- Contraption-Contrived Cooking Course: Part II
- Contraption-Contrived Cooking Course: Part III
Moonlight Merriment - Moonlight Seeker
During this event, when any of the gameplay stages is available, exploration for the corresponding area in "Moonlight Seeker" will be unlocked simultaneously. You can collect Moonchase Charms and Mystmoon Chests in the designated area to advance the collection progress, and when a certain level is reached, you will be able to obtain several rewards. It's worth noting that you can go to Linyang at Liyue Harbor every day to mark a portion of the uncollected Moonchase Charms and Mystmoon Chests.
- Path of Stalwart Stone: September 27, 2021
- Path of Gentle Breezes: October 1, 2021
- Path of Austere Frost: October 5, 2021
Genshin Impact Moonlight Merriment Rewards
After taking part in the Moonlight Seeker challenges, you will obtain several Moonlight Merriment rewards. These can be premium currency, EXP materials, or ascension materials. You'll receive the following rewards after successfully participating in the Moonlight Merriment event:
- Primogems - Primogems are the premium currency in Genshin Impact. A primordial crystalline gem that's beyond the mundane world, you can use Primogems to replenish Original Resin or buy Acquaint Fate or Intertwined Fate in Paimon's Bargains.
- Hero’s Wit - Hero's Wit is a Character EXP Material that provides 20,000 Character EXP to increase a character's level.
- Mora - The main currency unit used to purchase various items and upgrades in Genshin Impact.
- Mystic Enhancement Ore - Weapon EXP material. Gives 10,000 EXP.
- Chains of the Dandelion Gladiator - A Weapon Ascension Material, usually obtained from Cecilia Garden on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Guide to Diligence - A Talent Level-Up Material, usually obtained from Forsaken Rift on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Crown of Insight - Talent Level-Up Material required when leveling-up Combat Talents from base Level 9 to 10.
Genshin Impact Moonlight Merriment Special Rewards
This event will award the following special rewards, introducing the following new items
- The Luxurious Sea-Lord - A new Claymore weapon that looks like a fish; this is one of the upcoming weapons for update 2.1.
- Emperor’s Balsam - A new food item; its effects are yet unknown, so check back with this page for future updates!
And that’s it! Now you know everything related to the Genshin Impact Moonlight Merriment event and how to play it. If you're still hunting for more Genshin guides, be sure to check out our detailed explanations of the best Scaramouche build, Thoma build, and Sara build. We hope you find them helpful!