The next update in Black Ops Cold War is 1.11.
As the first season of post-launch content for Black Ops Cold War nears its end, the final update for the season is right around the corner.
Before Season 2 arrives, we'll get one last update to introduce plenty of new content, including the new Zombies map Firebase Z.
Multiplayer fans will also get a brand new map - the popular Black Ops 2 map Express!
In this article, find everything you need to know about update 1.11 for Black Ops Cold War.
Click the links below to read all about it:
The patch will arrive on the 3rd February at 7AM GMT on most platforms.
PlayStation players can pre-load the update now.
Early reports have the update size pegged at around 9GB, with the patch downloading early for PS4 players.
1.11 Patch Notes
Treyarch has now posted the patch notes for the brand new update coming to Black Ops Cold War.
Check out all the patch notes here, or down below!
- Addressed an issue that led to choppy Voice Chat in some circumstances.
- Express now available in map rotation in Core and Hardcore modes.
- Express 24/7 playlist now available.
- Addressed an issue with uneven map distribution in non-map voting playlists.
Endurance (40 Players) [NEW]
- New high-player count mode available on Sanatorium, Ruka, and Alpine.
- After one bomb detonates, a new one comes online to take its place, so five bombs are always available instead of an initial set that gets reduced to a single bomb before the next wave.
- Score limit doubled from 500 to 1,000.
Added new maps to Prop Hunt rotation:
- Crossroads Strike
- Armada Strike
- Added Nuketown '84 to Gunfight map rotation.
- 2v2 and 3v3 Gunfight now available in Custom Games.
- Updated Hardpoint Owned score event to increase in score the longer a player controls the Hardpoint. This score modifier will reset upon leaving the Hardpoint.
- Reduced Hardpoint Secured score event from 50 to 25 score.
- Reduced how late players can join a match in progress.
- Additional defender spawn points added and logic updated for the B capture point on Raid.
- CDL Custom Game ModesIncreased player count to allow for two Spectators in CDL Hardpoint, CDL Search & Destroy, and CDL Control.
- Express 24/7 [NEW]
- Endurance FTDB (40 Players) [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints (including Nuketown '84)
- Prop Hunt (4 maps added to rotation)
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only
- Face Off (3v3)
- Nuketown 24/7
- Increased minimum damage for the two Launcher class weapons.
- Addressed an issue where players inside smoke from a Smoke Grenade would gain aim assist against players outside the smoke.
- Decreased hip-fire accuracy when priming a grenade while sprinting.
- Original Treyarch music unlocked via War Tracks can now be played in the Music Player in the Barracks, including "Pentagon," "Rooftops," "115," and "Damned."
Firebase Z [NEW]
- New "Firebase Z" map now available via Endless and Round 20 playlists for all players.
- Players can now complete the full Omega Intel collection in “Die Maschine.”
- Addressed an issue on "Die Maschine" that rarely positioned players outside of the map when teleporting from the Dark Aether.
Express (Onslaught - PS4/PS5)
- Express now available in Onslaught on PlayStation
- Firebase Z Endless [NEW]
- Firebase Z Round 20 [NEW]
- Dead Ops Arcade Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- Onslaught Express [NEW] (PS4/PS5)
Tombstone Soda [NEW]
- Tombstone Soda Perk now available in "Firebase Z" and via Der Wunderfizz in "Die Maschine."
- Addressed an issue that prevented Quick Revive from reducing the time it takes to regenerate to full health.
Napalm Strike [NEW]
- Napalm Strike now available as Support in Zombies.
- Artillery now available as Support in Zombies.
- The Self-Revive will now only drop if a player in the game can equip it.
- Capped the maximum amount of Self-Revives that can drop in a game to the total number of players in the game.
- Addressed an issue that allowed duplicating the Sentry Turret support item.
- Increased critical hit damage on all assault rifles.
- Increased max ammo stock on all assault rifles.
- Increased critical hit damage on all SMGs.
- Increased max ammo stock on all SMGs.
- Increased base damage on the Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Increased range of the Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Addressed an issue that prevented attachments from appearing on the "Western Justice" Weapon Blueprint.
- Level 1 Armor will now replace the first Armor Shard drop in a game when no players have Armor.
- Reduced Cryofreeze cooldown from 3 seconds to 1 second to make it a more dependable method of slowing enemies.
- Added new "Requiem Advancement” category of Challenges for future additions.
- Added first set of six new Requiem Advancement Challenges: "Firebase Z Report."
- Added new Dark Ops Challenge for “Firebase Z.”
Dead Ops Arcade 3
Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- New private playlist available for Solo players.
- Allows players to start at their highest arena checkpoint reached in Solo mode. No stats or challenges are recorded, but achievements can be completed, including "Reunited with Fidolina."
- Added new pickup item: Divine Shield Potion – Grants player Divine Shield buff that allows player to absorb one damage event (30 min. expiration).
- Added new key spawn locations: Added to the high road tunnel route.
- Added a 1.5-second damage shield on player while in First Person when damage occurs.
- Made slight adjustment to multiplier progression.
- Auto-life donation now begins automatically after Round 64. The player with the highest lives to spare will now donate to downed teammates with a cooldown of 120 seconds.
- Addressed an issue where the player's shield was active even though effect was not visible.
- Addressed an issue that prevented extra lives from being awarded at expected score thresholds.
- Various gameplay bug fixes related to Fated Chicken disappearance, control bindings when exiting vehicles, unwanted deaths associated with traps, invisible electrical poles, missile turrets killing players, etc.
Enemies and Friendly AI
- Greatly reduced Spider melee range.
- Removed Skeleton boss from arena spawning.
- Removed Demons from arena spawning.
- Reduced Megaton melee distance.
- Reduced Megaton arena spawn rate after Round 64.
- Reduced Megaton health in arena.
- Megaton Orb weapon is no longer a one-hit kill in arena.
- After Round 64, enemy target selection behavior is now weighted entirely toward proximity.
- Increased friendly skeleton horde health, enemy quantity, time duration, and weapon damage.
- Addressed an issue where melee damage caused by a friendly skeleton guardian was not registering against enemies.
- Addressed an issue where zombies could speed up while under the clock time slowdown effect.
- Addressed an issue where explosive damage vs. Spider / Meatball enemies did not register correctly.
- Addressed an issue where Spider enemies would not show up on radar.
- Addressed an issue that allowed the Gladiator "Marauder" enemy to melee kill the player when it wasn’t facing the appropriate direction.
- Addressed an issue where the Margwa was not dropping loot when killed.
- Divine Chalice fated players now earn extra life 37.5% faster than standard players at every 125,000 points.
- Divine Chalice fated users now respawn with temporary vitality buff.
- Divine Shield fated players now respawn with Divine Shield buff.
- After Round 64, when a Divine Shield fated player picks up a nuke drop, all players will now be granted a nuke.
- Friendship fated player chickens now last 25% longer.
- The Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate now periodically produces eggs in arena.
- After Round 64, the Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate will now have permanently upgraded weaponry.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent players from collecting a Fate in the Room of Fate when the room timed out (i.e. grabbing a Fate Rock with less than 4 seconds before the room expired).
- Added lighting in the Room of Fate above Fate Rock pedestals five and six.
- Addressed an issue with various particle effects having visibility issues.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent the player’s selected character skin from showing up correctly.
- Addressed an issue with the shotgun pickup that could cause it to initially begin firing slowly before speeding up.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Added various exploit fixes.
- Added new camera mode: Extra High.
- Addressed an issue where the player was not able to use the flashlight in First Person.
- Addressed an issue with some collision in the Water Temple arena.
- Addressed an issue in splitscreen mode where players would enter The Wild in shared viewport mode.
- Onslaught Express playlist now available on PlayStation. [NEW]
- Spaced out special enemy spawns.
- Added additional enemies to the mode from "Firebase Z."
- Added various crash fixes.
- Party Leader is no longer required to have Dead Ops Arcade 3 installed for their party to join for other Zombies game modes.
- Addressed an issue that caused zombies to maintain a slowdown debuff forever if it ended while they were mantling.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when watching a replay in Theater.
- Fixed a crash that could prevent the game from starting under some conditions on Windows 7.
- Addressed an issue that could result in loss of keyboard/mouse functionality when opening and closing the Windows key + G capture menu.
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in the pause menu under certain circumstances during a game.
Express Multiplayer Map
The second piece of content is the addition of Express to the multiplayer map pool.
Debuting in Black Ops 2, Express is the second classic map to be released after Raid was added into Black Ops Cold War at the beginning of the season. If rumours are to be believed, Express won’t be the last map to be returning.
Fireteam continues to provide players with large-scale, action-packed gameplay as squads attempt to arm the Dirty Bombs.
The new mode, known as Endurance, offers a slightly different take on Dirty Bomb.
As usual, ten teams of four will drop into the map but when one bomb is detonated, another immediately spawns ensuring there are five active targets to play for at any one time.
Prop Hunt Expands
Four additional maps are coming to this party mode as part of the new update.
Along with Express and Raid, Hunters will need to be on the lookout for new Props hiding around Crossroads Strike and Armada Strike, smaller versions of two Combined Arms maps.
These maps will be mixed into the existing locales of the Prop Hunt rotation.
Black Ops Cold War’s biggest game mode is taking the 10-team experience to a whole new level in this week’s new Endurance mode.
Ten squads of four drop into Ruka, Alpine, and Sanatorium to collect uranium and arm bombs throughout the match. However, after one bomb detonates, a new one now comes online to take its place, ensuring that there will always be five bombs available instead of the initial set of five that gets reduced to a single bomb.
The score limit is also doubled from 500 to 1,000 in Endurance.
Express joins the library of maps available in Onslaught