Diablo 2 Resurrected is finally here, and with it, a myriad of quests, enemies, and challenges for you to discover (or re-discover!). Today we will take you through the second Story Quest of Act 2, The Horadric Staff, a quest that will require you to collect several Horadric artifacts.
Diablo 2 Resurrected, Act II: The Horadric Staff
Quest Name: The Horadric Staff
Halls of the Dead: 15 (Normal), 44-45 (Nightmare), 79-82 (Hell)
Maggot Lair: 13 (Normal), 43 (Nightmare), 74 (Hell)
Claw Viper Temple: 13 (Normal), 44 (Nightmare), 75 (Hell)
Unlocked By: Obtaining the Horadric Scroll in Sewers Level 3, quest given by Deckard Cain.
Deckard Cain will ask you to collect various artifacts. You must find a Horadric Cube, the Staff of Kings, and the Amulet of the Viper, and then put the Staff and Amulet inside the Cube, so you can transmute them into the Horadric Staff. These items are inside the following locations:
- The Cube is found in the Dry Hills area, on the last level of a dungeon called the Halls of the Dead.
- The Staff of Kings is found in the Far Oasis area, on a chest in the last level of a dungeon called the Maggot Lair.
- The Viper Amulet is found in the Valley of Snakes area, on a chest in the second level of a dungeon called the Claw Viper Temple.
These three items can be obtained in any order, and once you have them all and you transmuted them into the Horadric Staff, go and speak with Deckard Cain, which will give you the proper indications for the next step, and the beginning of the following quest.
Sewers Dungeon - Enemies List
- Halls of the Dead: Returned, Hollow One, Decayed, Desert Wing, Spear Cat, Huntress, Mummy Sarcophagus, Dried Corpse, Fire Tower
- Maggot Lair: Sand Maggot, Sand Maggot Egg, Sand Maggot Young, Rock Worm, Rock Worm Egg, Rock Worm Young, Scarab, Death Beetle, Black Locusts, Flying Scimitar
- Claw Viper Temple: Bone Warrior, Guardian, Claw Viper, Salamander, Embalmed
The Horadric Staff Quest Rewards
- The Horadric Cube will remain in your inventory, as a tool for future quests.