Earlier this year ARK Survival Evolved launched Genesis Part 2 and whilst it seems as though Studio Wildcard will soon turn their attention to ARK 2 featuring Vin Diesel, for now there should be new content still in the pipeline.
After a successful ARK Summer Bash Event, all attention will turn to what is coming next. Typically when we look at the content calendar of past years, that means the next event on the roadmap is Fear Evolved, the spooky event filled with diabolical chibis and spectral creature skins.
So when does the new ARK Fear Evolved event start? And what can we expect to see this year? Let's find out.
When Does The Fear Evolved 5 Halloween Event Start?
To get an idea of when we can expect to see the next Fear Evolved Halloween event start and end in 2021, it makes sense to take a look at the previous events for ARK Survival Evolved.
Here's a quick reminder of when they started and ended in past years:
- ARK: Fear Evolved 4 - October 22nd, 2020 until November 6th, 2020
- ARK: Fear Evolved 3 - October 22nd, 2019 until November 8th, 2019
- The Witches Curse - October 30th, 2017 until November 1st, 2017
- ARK: Fear Evolved 2 - October 28th, 2016 until November 6th, 2016
- ARK: Fear Evolved 1 - October 28th, 2015 until November 5th, 2015
As you can see, the game has only ever skipped on the event one year, in 2018. But for the most part, the Fear Evolved event always returns.
As for release dates, they have varied slightly but always begin towards the end of October. In the past two years, it's started on October 22nd. These were not the same day. In 2019 it was the fourth Tuesday, and in 2020, it was the fourth Thursday.
Assuming the event follows roughly the same pattern we can likely expect to see this year's Halloween Event start somewhere between Tuesday 19 October 2021 or Thursday 21 October 2021. Potentially ending on November 9, 2021.
What To Expect From The New For Honor Halloween Event?
With five Halloween events under their belt, Studio Wildcard has most of the fundamentals locked down when it comes to the event.
For instance, the leaves of most trees on several maps turn brown and orange instead of green, nights will last longer than usual and the climate will have more of a chill.
Spooky Halloween-themed content also returns, most of which has been available in past years. In 2020, the only big addition was 11 new spooky themed chibi's to add to their growing collection and 7 new ghostly dinosaur skins.
Here's a quick rundown of the 2020 content, which will also likely feature in 2021.
- 2X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, and maturation)
- 2X XP
- 2X Harvesting
- 2X Taming
- Scary Dino Encounters: Take on the DodoWyvern and DodoRex bosses who lead the scary band of creatures found during Spooktober on the ARK!
- Spooky Chibis: Collect the 11 new event chibis, including Skeletal Rex, Bone Wyvern, Skeletal Stego, even adding a Zombie Wyvern to your collection!
- Ghost Creature Skins: Find a Ghost Creature in the wild and after you kill it, get the skin to add to your creature. Available for Reaper, Bulbdog, Rex, Basilisk, Snow Owl, Mantis, and Direwolf.
- Creepy Emotes: Choose from five event emotes, including new Knock and Scare expressions to spook your friends.
- Festive Clothing: Pick your favourite Halloween themed Hawaiian shirt or swimsuit, including new stylish Reaper and Jack o’ Lantern swimsuits.
- Special Creature Event Colors: This year’s colors now include Vermillion, Actual Black, Midnight Blue, Medium Autumn, Dark Warm Gray, Orange, Dark Lavender, and Jade.
Stay tuned for more information as we approach the hotly anticipated launch of Fear Evolved 5, later this year.