As revealed at the latest Resident Evil Showcase, Resident Evil Village is getting a new demo for all platforms at the start of May.
If you're on PS4 or PS5, though, you'll also get an earlier chance to dive into the franchise's latest, vampire-filled instalment. In fact, you can start playing this weekend.
When Is Resident Evil Village Demo Available? PS4 and PS5 Release Time Confirmed
The new demo, dubbed 8 Hours In Village, will kick off at different times in different regions, but you can pre-load it now.
Despite the name, though, you'll only get thirty minutes of playtime, and once it's up, it's up. Oh, and whether you play or not, the demo is only available for eight hours in total - hence the name.
Got all that? Good - here's when you can explore the Village setting, as per the PlayStation Blog:
- North America: April 17 @ 5pm to April 18 @ 1am (Pacific Time)
- Europe: April 18 @ 7pm to April 19 @ 3am CEST
- Asia: April 18 @ 5pm – April 19 @ 1am HKT
The fun doesn't end there, though, as PS4 and PS5 owners can also jump in next week for an alternative half hour, this time set in the Castle location:
- North America: April 24 @ 5pm to April 25 @ 1am (Pacific Time)
- Europe: April 25 @ 7pm to April 26 @ 3am CEST
- Asia: April 25 @ 5pm to April 26 @ 1am HKT
Playing on Xbox, Stadia, or Steam? Don't panic, your demo arrives on May 1st, and will be 60-minutes in length. It'll allow players to explore both settings, but you'll want to spend your time wisely. PlayStation players can jump in again, too.
- North America: May 1 @ 5pm to May 2 @ 5pm (Pacific Time)
- Europe: May 2 @ 2am to May 3 @ 2am CEST
- Asia: May 2 @ 8am to May 3 @ 8am HKT