Resident Evil: Village will include a new version of the fan-favourite Mercenaries mode when it launches next month, Capcom has confirmed.
Alongside the announcement at the Resident Evil Village Showcase, Capcom also confirmed that the game will receive a new demo starting this weekend for PlayStation owners, and coming to other platforms next week.
Resident Evil Village Will Include Mercenaries Mode, Demo Coming This Weekend
Mercenaries will again task players with completing combat-focused challenges quickly to earn cash. This can be used to buy new weapons and items at a new shop located between areas.
The mode will also include pick-ups, which allow for abilities of varying effects like buffs to certain weapons, or improvements to player stats like movement speed.
The game's next demo will arrive at the start of May, and offer one hour of gameplay for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Steam and Stadia players.
Players can explore the Village or the Castle settings, or any combination of the two within their sixty minutes.
Here are the available times for the demo:
- North America: May 1 at 5 pm PT, 8 pm ET until May 2
- Europe: May 2 at 1 am BST, 2 am CEST until May 3
- Asia: May 2 at 8 am HKT until May 3
As if that schedule wasn't confusing enough, PlayStation fans get access to two 30-minute demos - one for each area, and they can jump in this weekend.
This limited-time demo is only available for an 8 hour period, so you'll want to log in at the following times to gain access:
- North America: April 17 at 5 pm PT, 8 pm ET to 1 am PT, 4 am ET on April 18.
- Europe: April 18 at 4 pm BST, 5 pm CEST to midnight BST, 1 am CEST on April 19.
- Asia: April 18 at 5 pm HKT until 1 am on April 19.