Bolts are the main currency of Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, used to buy new weapons and expand your arsenal of gear across the game. But with weapons getting increasingly expensive across the game, finding bolts isn’t easy. We’ll show you how to farm bolts quickly in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart here, so you never have to run low on money.
Read More: Where to Get All Gold Bolts
How to Farm Bolts Quickly in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
To farm bolts as quickly as possible in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, there’s certain steps that players can take to seriously increase the amount of bolts they can get, which we've laid out below. We've also listed beneath that the best way to rapidly farm bolts, though you won't be able to do that on your first playthrough.
- Get the Carbonox Advanced Armour: This armour set grants a bonus to all bolts received, permanently boosting your income by up to 20%. You can find out where to get the Carbonox armour set here.
- Go to Zurkie’s: The Slaughterplex Arena has multiple courses that give out bolts as a reward, and these increase rapidly when you unlock the Silver and Gold Cup challenges. Play the highest-level courses all the way through to get a large stack of bolts at the end.
- Smash every crate you see: Any crate that isn’t an ammo or health crate has bolts inside, so make sure you’ve broken all of them before moving on.
- Play the game on Challenge Mode: Once you complete the campaign, players can start Challenge Mode, one of the features of which is a bolt multiplier that rises as you defeat enemies without getting hurt.
Farming Bolts Exploit
Though not a glitch, there is a way to rapidly earn bolts with very little effort in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, though you have to be doing Challenge Mode, aka New Game Plus. Challenge Mode offers players a Bolt multiplier that increases according to the amount of enemies you beat without taking damage. Beat enough without getting hurt, and you could multiply the amount of bolts you get by 20x, or even more. With that in mind, do the following:
- Head to Savali.
- From the ship, take the rocky path towards the Monk's village nearby. Along it you'll find at least one tangled plant that produces small Sand Shark enemies.
- Do not harm the plant, but shoot the Sand Sharks as they emerge. Use the Burst Pistol or similar precision weapon to make sure the plant isn't damage.
- Keep killing Sand Sharks until your multiplier is massive (you can stop at any point).
- Head to the village or any nearby crates and smash them for massive Bolt rewards.
Looking to get even more out of Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart? Find out where to get all the Lorbs here, or if you’re looking for the best weapons to spend your money on, check out how to unlock them all here!