Costume and armour pieces are an integral part of Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, offering permanent bonuses and special looks for both characters. However, each costume will be split into three pieces, so we’ve put this guide together on all armour pods and costume locations, how to find them, and the best costume and armour sets you can get!
All Armour and Costume Locations in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
To find all the Costume Locations in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, players will need to comb the entire game, unlocking the pieces in a mixture of different ways, including hidden objectives, subquests, Pocket Dimensions and more. We’ll show you how to find them all below, as well as the bonuses offered by each set.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that a great deal of armour pieces and costumes are found in the Pocket Dimension mini-challenges. Don’t worry, we’ve laid out where to find them and how to beat them all in our guide here.
Effect: Damage from Nefarious enemies decreased by 5%/10%/20%
- Helmet: Complete the Pocket Dimension in Nefarious City.
- Torso: Complete the Southwest Pocket Dimension in Sargasso.
- Boots: Complete the North Pocket Dimension in Sargasso.
Effect: Melee damage increased by 5%/10%/20%
- Helmet: Found as Part of the campaign in Sargasso when exploring the Speetle rift.
- Torso: Complete the Pocket Dimension on Blizar Prime/Blizon Mines.
- Boots: Hand in 30 Zurpstones to Mort as part of his sidequest.
Effect: +5%/10%/20% Raritanium gained.
- Helmet: Complete the Pocket Dimension in Torren IV.
- Torso: Complete the Pocket Dimension in Zordoom Prison.
- Boots: Complete the Northern Pocket Dimension in Savali.
Effect: +5%/10%/20% XP gained.
- Helmet: Complete the Southern Pocket Dimension in Savali.
- Torso: Complete the Pocket Dimension in Cordelion.
- Boots: Complete the Pocket Dimension in the Ardolis Pirate Base.
If you're looking for more help with Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, be sure to visit our Rift Apart Walkthrough Hub. You'll be able to find every guide we have on the game so far.
Effect: +5%/10%/20% Bolts gained.
- Helmet: Complete the Gold Cup at Zurkie’s.
- Torso: Complete the Silver Cup at Zurkie’s.
- Boots: Complete the Bronze Cup at Zurkie’s.
Effect: Damage from indigenous creatures decreased by 5%/10%/20%
- Helmet: Bring all 12 Lorbs to the Monk in Savali.
- Torso: Bring 7 Lorbs to the Monk in Savali.
- Boots: Bring 3 Lorbs to the Monk in Savali.
Effect: Damage from Goons-4-Less decreased by 5%/10%/20%
- Helmet: Complete the Pocket Dimension at Zurkie’s.
- Torso: In the Southeast cell in the cell block West of the Reactor in Zordoom Prison.
- Boots: At the end of the path leading Northeast from the Chief Engineer on Blizar Prime.
Effect: Damage from Pirates decreased by 5%/10%/20%
- Helmet: Complete the Pirate Trials as part of the campaign at Ardolis.
- Torso: On a free-floating platform that moves rapidly around Savali. Use the hoverboots to chase it and the grapple hook to get on board.
- Boots: Beat the Francois boss fight at Zurkie’s as part of the campaign.
Armour Set Bonuses
Each armour and costume set in Rift Apart comes with a specific bonus it grants, and the bonus gets bigger each time you find another piece. These bonuses always comes in set brackets, so while the specific stat or advantage changes from set to set, the amount it increases is always as follows:
- 1 Armour piece: +5%
- 2 Armour pieces: +10%
- 3 Armour pieces (Full set): +20%
Best Armour Set
It’s hard to say that there’s a best armour in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, as none of them increase your stats beyond the specific effect they contribute. Even then, you don’t actually need to wear them to gain that effect. Simply collecting the armour is enough, so you’ll have that bonus whether you have it equipped or not.
That being said, if you are looking for the best armour to hunt down, we recommend prioritising the Carbonox Advanced armour, the Captain Starshield armour, and the Lombax Praetorian armour. These simple increase the amount of basic resources, money, and experience you’ll gain while playing. Consequently, the earlier you get them, the better those rewards will be.
If you’re looking for the full compilation of collectables in Rift Apart, you should try looking for all the Gold Bolts, which we’ve got outlined here. Or check out where to find all the Spybots at our guide here.
This article was updated on the 3rd of December 2021 by Kelsey Raynor.