The Basarios is a rock-hard opponent in Monster Hunter Rise. A Wyvern that hides as a boulder, it's been part of the franchise since its inception. In this Monster Hunter Rise Basarios guide, we’ll take a look at how to beat the Basarios, what its weaknesses are and what parts you’ll get for hunting it.
Read More:MH Rise Beginner’s Guide
Monster Hunter Rise Basarios Weaknesses
As you'd imagine for a rock-based monster, the Basarios is tough to do any damage to – unless you know its weak spot. It's actually under the monster, in its abdominal plating. Hit it hard enough there, and you'll do more and more damage, even pulling its shell off.
To do so, we'd recommend using a Dragon-type weapon for maximum damage output, but water-type weapons aren't far behind for general effectiveness.
Basarios is weaker than most to Sleep, meaning with the right combo of gear and weapon type, you can get it to rest for a short while – improving your chances of capturing it, or allowing for more damage to be dealt.
It's also fairly weak to Blast, so be sure to use any explosives you may have.
You can get a variety of parts from defeating the Basarios. Here’s what you’ll get at low-level rank. We’ll update this page with high-rank rewards when we’ve spent more time with the game.
|Target Rewards||Capture Rewards||Broken Part Rewards||Carve||Dropped Materials|
Tips For Slaying the Basarios in MH Rise
The Basarios is at its best when it's surprising hunters:
- Basarios is likely to bury itself in the ground, and not only damages when it emerges, but via the trail of where it's been, too.
- Basarios has some fire-based attacks, too. It can rain down molten rocks, so it's best to stay mobile, as well as firing a fiery beam. The latter is easy to dodge, so use a wirebug move to get closer and deal damage while it's sat still.
- You can spot fire-based attacks coming because the Basarios will heat up. This also softens its shell, allowing a chance to deal damage if you get in close.
- Aside from its rocky body and fire attacks, Basarios can also use a poisonous gas that can either deal fire damage, send hunters to sleep, or poison them. Be sure to pack antidotes.
- One of the tougher moves to dodge is where Basarios rolls towards the hunter. We'd recommend attempting to dodge with the wirebug, since it has a huge hitbox.