As LOL Worlds 2021 is gearing up to head into the Knockout phase, Riot Games has already released a bunch of pre-season 2022 changes on the PBE Server. All of these changes are live and will remain so for the next four weeks.
The purpose of releasing these changes on the PBE server is mainly a way for the developers to receive feedback from the community before releasing them into the main game. However, before heading into the changes, readers are advised to note that none of these have been finalized for release into the main game.
Developers can choose to rework or alternate any of these changes between now and their release in the main server.
Table of Contents
- League of Legends Patch 11.23 Release Date
- League of Legends Patch 11.23 Downtime
- Patch 11.23 Latest News
- League of Legends Pre-Season 2022 PBE Changes
- League of Legends Pre-Season 2022 New Champion Skins
- League of Legends Patch 11.23 New Champion Skins
- League of Legends Patch 11.23 - New Splash Art
Let's dive in and check out all the changes that were released on PBE as part of the LOL Pre-season 2022.
League of Legends Patch 11.23 Release Date
It means we're already up to speed for exactly when the developers intend to release the next patch for the game. For the most part, they've stuck to every date. If you want to know when everything else is coming in 2021, follow that link above.
As for the next update, League of Legends 11.22 Patch has a confirmed release date set for Tuesday, November 17, 2021.
League of Legends Patch 11.23 Downtime
Maintenance times haven’t yet been confirmed by Riot Games, but we typically see new game updates released at the following times on the main LoL servers:
- 3 am PT (NA servers)
- 5 am GMT (WEU servers)
- 3 am CET (EEU servers)
Patch 11.23 Latest News
16 November 2021 -
Patch 11.23 is coming this week, although you might want to set your expectations low. As pointed out by @RiotPhloxDesigner - who works on the Summoner's Rift team - patch 11.23 is just preseason content. We should hopefully see a few more substantial changes in the next update, Patch 11.24.
League of Legends Pre-Season 2022 PBE Changes
As revealed by Riot Games, a bunch of changes have been introduced in the PBE servers. From new Drakes and objective bounties to new items and runes, a bunch of new mechanics is being tested on the PBE. With so many changes already available, players are advised to login to their PBE accounts and try out all these new additions. After all, some of these PBE changes might end up never making it to the main game client.
Here are the official PBE patch notes for LOL Pre-season 2022 from Riot Games:
LOL PRESEASON 2022 | BALANCE CHANGES
Chemtech Drake -
- Grants bonus damage against enemies with more current health than you (up to a 5% increase in damage per stack)
- When a team obtains the Chemtech Dragon Soul, they receive a buff that grants them a brief second life after they die
- When the terrain transforms for the Chemtech Drake, gas zones emerge in four jungle locations. Gas zones camouflage any champion within the zone. Camouflaged enemies are not revealed by regular vision wards, but are revealed by Control Wards, Scryer’s Blooms, and other things that reveal invisible units.
Hextech Drake -
- Grants attack speed and ability haste to the team that delivers the killing blow (5 Ability Haste and 5% Attack Speed per stack)
- When a team obtains the Hextech Dragon Soul, they gain a unique ability that adds a chain lightning slow to their basic attacks and abilities, with a moderate cooldown
- When the terrain transforms for the Hextech Drake, pairs of Hex-gates appear across the map which allow champions to quickly travel from one location to the paired counterpart. Hex-gates are activated with a brief channel (that can be interrupted by stuns or damage) before rapidly transporting a player across the map to the corresponding Hex-gate.
Objective Bounties activate only when a team is sufficiently behind and are highlighted on the minimap for both teams. If a losing team takes an objective with an active bounty, every member of the team receives the objective bounty gold, split amongst the team.
Objective Bounties are calculated based on four factors: XP lead, Gold lead, Dragon lead, and Turret lead. The base amounts of additional gold gained by taking an objective with an active bounty are as follows:
- Baron/Elder Dragon - 500g
- Dragon/Rift Herald - 500g
- Outer Turret - 250g
- Inner Turret - 400g
- Base turret - 400g
As the losing team falls farther behind, these base amounts can increase by up to an additional 60%.
Objective Bounties have a 15 second warning period when coming online and a 15 second lingering duration when falling off. This time can be extended if the losing team remains in combat with an active Objective Bounty.
There are a bunch of new items that have been introduced in the PBE with the pre-season 2021 update. Head over to our New Items Hub to check out detailed reports on each of them.
- Gain attack speed for 6 seconds when striking at least one enemy champion with each attack. This effect stacks up to 6 times
- While this effect is at its cap, also gain attack range and increase your attack speed cap to 3.0
- Immobilizing an enemy champion will cause 3 glacial rays to emanate from them towards you and other nearby champions, creating frozen zones for a few seconds that slow enemies for 40% and reduce their damage by 15% against your allies (not including yourself)
- Damaging an enemy champion with an attack or ability b-efore they do so grants 5 gold and First Strike for 3 seconds, causing your attacks or abilities to deal 12% extra damage against champions, and granting 100% (70% for ranged units) of that damage dealt as gold
League of Legends Pre-Season 2022 New Champion Skins
The RiotX Arcane event has introduced Two new skins for Arcane Jayce and Vi, available via in-game missions in November.
After December 9, they’ll cost 975 RP each.
League of Legends Patch 11.23 New Champion Skins
League of Legends is once again adding plenty of new champion skins and splash art into the games next update.
This time around, it's all based around Cafe Cuties, with new skins for Annie, Soraka, Vladimir, Gwen, Bard & Sivir.
You can see all skins in action on the below videos from SkinSpotlights, a YouTube channel dedicated to sharing the latest Skins coming in League of Legends. We've also got the splash art further down the page.
CAFÉ CUTIES SIVIR
“Sivir began as a pastry chef, but has since transitioned to ‘front-of-house defense specialist’. Her protective nature has gotten her into a few scraps with unruly customers, but Sivir’s love of her work, her friends, and the café is what she’s really fighting for. If you want to talk to the manager, she’s got some words for you, too.”
CAFÉ CUTIES SORAKA – 1350 RP
“Good food can be healing, and Soraka works hard to imbue every single pastry she makes with delicious magic that leaves her customers feeling more spritely than when they first walked in. Though her origins are mysterious, the whole café agrees: Soraka’s work is out of this world!”
CAFÉ CUTIES GWEN – 1350 RP
“Gwen is the friendly face of customer service for the café, always there to welcome patrons with a smile and an immaculately-plated pastry. Don’t be fooled, though – she isn’t afraid to use her candy-cutting shears for other things when rogue customers threaten her friends.”
CAFÉ CUTIES ANNIE
“Daughter of the cafe’s owner and an accomplished pastry mage wunderkind, Annie has a sweet tooth to be reckoned with. Though her occasional hangry tantrums send her enchanted gummy bear scouring the café for any morsel of food fit for his master, with a full belly Annie is as sweet as sugar!”
CAFÉ CUTIES BARD
“Bard is a wandering wordless connoisseur of the finest cafes. If he leaves behind a blessing in the form of a teacup? A hundred years of sweet success. No one knows where the Teapot Troubadour came from, or if he has a purpose beyond delighting in patisserie, but a visit from Bard instantly puts any café on the map!”
CAFÉ CUTIES VLADIMIR – 1350 RP
“Vladimir spent years searching for the elixir of life – only to discover that it is, in fact, tea. Since then he has steeped himself in the art of the perfect cup. Though he pretends to frequent the café solely to advance his Tasseomancy, Vladimir has grown fond of the ragtag group that allowed him to take up residence among their ranks.”
League of Legends Patch 11.23 - New Splash Art
Here's a look at all the new splash art released for League of Legends 11.23 Patch.
For now, this is all the information available regarding update 11.23 in League of Legends. We will keep updating this page as more information is made available on the PBE servers.