League of Legends Patch 12.12b brought with it a large number of changes to different champions across the rift, including nerfs to the game's newest champion, Bel'Veth. Like clockwork, Riot has another update in the queue, and the newest League of Legends 12.13 patch has a lot going on.
At the moment, Patch 12.13 is on the Public Beta Environment (PBE). While things are subject to change, a Riot developer has spilled the beans on some of the upcoming changes. With this patch, we can expect to see the release of a new champion, a full champion rework, and some other adjustments.
For more on League of Legends and all things Riot Games, read up on the latest TFT 12.10 patch notes, the League of Legends tier list as it stands right now, and the Wild Rift tier list if you like to play on the go.
What Is the League of Legends 12.13 Patch Release Date?
LoL 12.13 Launch Time
The League of Legends 12.13 patch will go live on July 13, 2022. This is in line with the patch schedule detailed on their website.
When the client begins patching, the game will become unavailable for play for roughly three hours. Afterwards, players should expect an update and access to the game to return. With the update, all of the changes here will be in effect, as well as all the new champion and skins.
Updates typically start around 3am PST, and conclude around 6am PST. While these times haven't been officially stated by Riot, this has been the cadence of patch updates in the past.
Who Is the New League of Legends Champion?
Nilah Abilities - League of Legends 12.13
Passive: Joy Unending
- If Nilah last hits a minion she and the nearest allied champion gain 50% of the experience that would normally be lost from sharing with nearby allies.
- Nilah gains additional effectiveness from heals and shields given to her by allied champions. When a nearby ally casts an ability that heals or shields Nilah or themselves, Nilah grants the additional benefit to both herself and her ally.
Q - Formless Blade
- Passive: Attacks and ability damage against champions ignore some of their armor and heal Nilah for part of the damage dealt. This effect scales with crit chance and can overheal, granting Nilah a shield.
- Active: Nilah strikes in a line damaging all enemies hit. Hitting an enemy increases Nilah’s attack range and attack speed for a few seconds. Additionally her basic attacks will splash in a cone, dealing additional damage.
W - Jubilant Veil
- Nilah envelopes herself in mist, causing her to briefly gain movement speed, reduce incoming magic damage, and dodge all incoming basic attacks. Touching an ally champion hides them in the mist, granting them the same bonuses for half the duration.
E - Slipstream
- Nilah dashes through a target unit, damaging all enemies she passes through. Nilah can hold 2 charges of Slipstream at once.
- Nilah can cast Formless Blade (Q) during Slipstream to pull a wave in her path, dealing damage and activating her empowered attacks.
R - Apotheosis
- Nilah spins her weapon in an area around her, dealing damage and pulling enemies in toward the center with a final burst. This damage heals Nilah for a portion of the damage dealt, converting excess healing into a shield. The healing and shielding scales with critical strike chance and is shared with nearby allies.
The new champion being introduced in Patch 12.13 is Nilah, the Joy Unbound. She's a Melee Marksman that gains benefits from healing and shields cast by her allies. Her abilities are listed above, but you can click that link for the finer details.
Who is Getting Buffed and Nerfed in Patch 12.13?
Patch 12.13 Buffs and Nerfs
- Auto Attack range increased from 125 to 175
- Meditate (W)
- Cooldown lowered from 28 seconds to 9
- Mana cost changed from  to [40 + 6% max mana per second]
- [Changed] "While channeling and for 0.5s afterwards, he takes 90% reduced damage, decreased to 60/62.5/65/67.5/70% after the first 0.5 seconds."
- Terrify (Q)
- Fear duration increased from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 to 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25
- Crowstorm (R)
- Damage per second increased from 125-325 +45% AP to 150-350 +50% AP
- Winds of War (Q)
- Damage over time increased from 2% +.66% per 100 AP to 2.5% + 1% per 100 AP
- HP per level increased from 101 to 110
- Base armor increased from 18 to 21
- HP5 lowered from 8.5 to 6.5
- HP regen growth lowered from .08 to .12
- Berserker Rage (Passive)
- max attack speed attack speed increased from 40-100 to 60-100%
- Undertow (Q)
- Mana cost increased from 40/45/50/55/60 to 50/55/60/65/70
- Threaded Volley (Q)
- Mana cost lowered from 60/65/70/75/80 to 55/50/65/60/75
- Damage per rock increased from 40/60/80/100/120 to 45/65/85/105/125
- Monster bonus damage lowered from 30 to 25
- [New] Boulder now stuns monsters for 3s
- Mistral Bolt (Q)
- Cooldown lowered from 9/8/7/6/5 to 8/7/6/5/4
- AP ratio increased from 60% to 70%
- Dominus (R)
- NEW - Added 10% Bonus AD Ratio
- Base HP: 625 > 650
- HP Growth: 107 > 109
- Armor: 27 > 30
- Neurotoxin (Human Q)
- Base Damage: 40/70/100/130/160 > 40/75/110/145/180
- Passive HPS: (total healing unchanged) 15-75 per level / 15-150 per level
- Volatile Spiderling (W)
- MR Shred: 25-35% > 35-45%
- Spider Form (R)
- Now sets passive on a 1.25s cooldown
- Bear Trap on a Rope (Q)
- Bonus AD Ratio: 60% (120% Q2) > 65% (130% Q2)
- Violent Tendencies (W)
- Cooldown: 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 > 11/9.5/8/6.5/5
- Gatling Gun (E)
- AD ratio per tick increased from 10% bAD to 15%
- Missile Barrage (R)
- Damage lowered from 90/125/160/195/230 to 80/115/150/185/220
- AP ratio lowered from 20% to 12%
- Frenzied Maul (W)
- Base Damage: 10/35/60/85/110 > 5/30/55/80/105
- Sky Splitter (E)
- Percent Max HP Damage: 11/12/13/14/15% > 9/10/11/12/13%
- Non-Champion Damage Cap: 750 > 650
- HP Regen Growth: 0.55 > 0.9 per 5s
Snip Snip! (Q)
- Damage Per Snip: 9/12/15/16/21 (+5% AP) > 10/14/18/22/26 (+5% AP)
- Final Snip Damage: 45/60/75/90/105 (+25% AP) > 60/80/100/120/140 (+35% AP)
- Center Snip: 100% True Damage > 75% True Damage
- Deals 75% damage to minions
- Minions below 20% health take 1000% bonus damage instead of reduced damage.
Hallowed Mist (W)
- Bonus Resistances: 12/14/16/18/20 (+5% AP) > 17/19/21/23/25 (+7% AP)
- Duration: 5s > 4s
Skip 'n Slash (E)
- Bonus Magic Damage: 10 (+15%AP) > 15 (+20% AP)
- Bonud Range: 50 > 75
- Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9 > 13/12.5/12/11.5/11
- Cooldown Refund: 50% > 25/35/45/55/65%
- Damage Per Needle: 30/55/80 (+8%AP) > 35/65/95 (+10% AP)
- [Adjusted] Recast resets after damaging an enemy Champion > Resets after 1s.
- Mana: 325 > 300
- Mana Growth: 50 > 40
- Mana Regen/s: 1.6 > 1.2
- Mana Regen Growth: .18 > .16
- AD: 63 > 58
- AD Growth: 3 > 3.3
- Base HP: 632 > 600
- AS Growth: 1.6% > 2%
Passive: Fleet of Foot
- Flat 2 seconds > Decays over 1.5 seconds
- Flat MS gain: 45-60 > 55-70
Q - Boomerang Blade
- Base Damage: 35-95 > 25-85
- tAD Ratio: .7-1.4 > .8-1.0
- Cooldown: 7 > 12-8
- Cast Time: .25 > .25-0 (Scalacing with Attack Speed)
- NEW: Scales with Crit Chance, up to 50% bonus damage
- Cost: 70-110 > 55-75
- Missile Speed: 1350 > 1450 outward, 1200 inward
W - Ricochet
- Buff Duration: 3 attacks > 4 seconds
- NEW: Bonus Attack Speed: 20-40%
- Max Bounces: "Infinite" > 8 Per Ricochet
- NEW: Now can bounce back to targets that have already been hit, once per target. Will find new targets first.
- tAD: 0.3-0.9 > 0.3>0.5
- NEW: Now deals 80% damage to minions
- Bounce Range: 450 > 500
- Cost: 75 > 60
- Bounce Missile Speed: 700 > 1000
E - Spell Shield
- REMOVED: Mana Refund
- NEW: Heals Sivir for (0.6-0.8 tAD) + (.5 AP)
- NEW: Procs Fleet of Foot Passive
- Cooldown: 22-10 > 22-14
R - On the Hunt
- Cooldown: 120-80 > 100-70
- REMOVED: Attack Speed
- REMOVED: Initial Movement Speed Burst
- UNCHANGED: Movement Speed for Sivir and Allies: 20-30%
- Duration: 8 > 8-12
- NEW: Refreshes on recently damaged takedowns
- NEW: Auto attacks during the Hunt reduce Sivir's basic ability cooldowns by .5 seconds
- Duskblade of Draktharr / Prowler's Claw / Eclipse
- Additional Mythic Passive: +5 Move Speed per Legendary Item
- Ranged Damage Proc: 6% max HP > 3% max HP
- Sheen Damage
- 12% Max Health > 6% Max Health (+125% base AD)
- Heal: 6%/3% > 65% of premitigation damage
Though 12.12b brought a number of changes, more are on the way. Two of the bigger changes include Gwen getting some adjustments, and Sivir is getting a rework altogether.
Thanks to one of Riot's Developers, we have a look at some of the changes. These are not 100% officially posted some things may be subject to change.
What Are the League of Legends 12.13 New Skins?
To round everything out, we have a bunch of new skins being released to the game. One of the fan favourite themes for skins in the past has been the Star Guardians, and Riot is adding more of them in Patch 12.13. There's five total new skins, one of which has a prestige version.
- Try These Changes: What Is PBE?
Nila, Ekko, Kai'sa, and Sona are the chosen 4 to get Star Guardian skins, and Fiddlesticks ends up with a Star Nemesis skin. Ekko's Star Guardian skin also has a prestige version that can be unlocked. Additionally, Chroma packs will be releasing for the five base skins here as well.
Patch 12.13 for League of Legends is shaping up to be an exciting one! We'll have to see if more changes make their way into the update once the patch notes are officially posted, so stay tuned for those.