Halo: Infinite has been quite the commodity since 343 Studios showcased the game again, winning everyone over after its initial reveal where fans thought the graphics should have been reworked, with many now excited to try out the upcoming Halo: Infinite Open Beta.
Thankfully, 343 Studios has opened up about the beta, called the Halo: Infinite Technical Preview, revealing when fans will be able to try out the game, how long this preview will last, and what time it will start.
1 November 2021 -
We're now just over a month away from the release of Halo Infinite. We know 343 Industries have been pleased with the games previous two flights to test Halo Infinite's Multiplayer, but should we expect another open beta before launch?
Whilst nothing has been confirmed so far, we wouldn't rule it out. Up until now Halo Infinite has held test weekens with the Halo Insider Program. But players needed to opt-in to communications, verify their email address, AND choose console and/or PC in order to be eligible for pre-release game testing programs.
We suspect Xbox could hold one more testing weekend, an open beta for absolutely everyone without the need to sign up so 343 can have one last MAJOR testing period to stress test the servers before launch. For now though, the date of the next Halo Infinite beta flight is currently unknown.
When Is The Halo: Infinite Open Beta?
Players will be able to try out the Halo: Infinite Technical Preview tomorrow, from July 29 until August 1.
That’s the normal length of a beta, though we understand if fans want to spend more time with it since they have been waiting to play Halo: Infinite for the longest time.
Still, we imagine that fans will be pretty pumped to finally try out the Halo: Infinite Technical Preview since it was initially going to be a launch title for the Xbox Series X.
What Time Does The Halo: Infinite Open Beta Start?
On Twitter, the official Halo account confirmed that the Halo: Infinite Technical Preview will start tomorrow, July 28, at 14:00 PT.
How Do You Sign Up For The Halo: Infinite Beta?
For anyone who hasn’t done it yet, here’s how you can sign up for the Halo: Infinite Technical Preview on Xbox and PC.
- Visit the Halo Insider page on Halo Waypoint.
- Click Signup.
- Under "Sign in to your Xbox Live account," click Sign In.
- Sign in with your Microsoft Account credentials.
- Grant Halo Waypoint access to your Xbox Live information if requested.
- Confirm that you are 18 or older.
- Confirm that you agree to the Halo Insider Program Confidentiality Statement.
- Click Join the Program.
- In the provided fields, enter your preferred email, location, timezone, and experience with Halo games.
- Click Continue.
- If you're an Xbox player, click Yes when asked if you'd like to be considered for console flighting.
- FIll out your console ownership and setup details and then click Continue.
- If you're a PC player, click Yes when asked if you'd like to be considered for PC flighting.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to obtain and upload your PC specifications with Windows 10's DirectX Diagnostic.
- If you use Steam, click the Link Steam Account button and login with your Steam credentials.
- Click Continue.
- When asked about flight availability, select the days and times you are typically available for test sessions.
- Click Complete Signup.
- Open the Halo Insider email sent to your provided address.
- Click Verify my Email Address in the email.