If you don’t know how to get to the Well in Starfield, there is a big chance that you will just miss it, as reaching it on your own is not that easy. This hidden area is located underground, so you won’t get there without an elevator.
In fact, this is a huge location, full of different vendors and other NPCs. Also, there are a bunch of quests you can start in the Well in Starfield, so you should definitely find your way there.
Also, if you are looking for more content, then be sure to check out our article on how to defeat pirates in Starfield. On top of that, here we have a complete guide on how to use the research laboratory and craft in Starfield. You can also check out our overall Starfield guides hub for more details on the game!
How to reach the Well in Starfield
To get to the Well in Starfield, you first need to get to the Alpha Centauri star sstem. It's one of the first systems you'll visit, so it won't be hard to get there. The next step is to land on the planet Jemison and get to the city of New Atlantis. This is the largest city in the game, and you will often visit it during quests or for your own purposes.
New Atlantis can be divided into several districts, and The Well is one of them. To get there, you can use one of the two options below:
- The elevator near the Jemison Mercantile Store - As soon as you get out of the spaceport, walk diagonally to the left until you see the Terrabrew sign. As you walk around the building, you will come across an elevator on one of the side walls. Select the option The Well to enter the area.
- Elevator inside the NAT Station - The elevator is located just below the MAST building after you enter the NAT station. Select the option The Well to enter the area.
Using one of these methods, you will get to the underground city and SEE all the local opportunities that are available.
What's inside the Well in Starfield?
Once you get to The Well, you won't see the same beauty as on the surface because the lower part of the city is a settlement for marginalised segments of New Atlantean society. Regardless, you can find many interesting places and NPCs here that will give you no less interesting side quests. If you come here with many credits, you can visit the following locations to spend them:
- Jake's - Food and drink
- UC Surplus - Gear and weapons
- Kay's House - Food and drink
- MedBay - Healing and medical supplies
- Apex Electronics - Electronics dealer
- House of the Enlightened - You can remove traits
- The Trade Authority - A large store with various products
As you can see, you will definitely have something to do in the Well because the area is huge, and it can take you many hours to explore every nook and cranny and talk to every NPC. By the way, if you're looking to learn even more, make sure to read our article on how to harvest resources in Starfield.