The First Great Magic bow is the latest 5-star weapon added to the pool of weapons in Genshin Impact. This 5-star bow sparked a lot of discussion in the community due to how powerful its abilities are. Some were worried that it might cause a lot of power creep and outshine all the other weapons. It also had lots of players wondering if they should get the First Great Magic Bow in Genshin Impact.
Today we will take a look at this 5-star bow and discuss how to get the First Great Magic bow. We'll also check out how practical its ability is and what characters this weapon suits the best.
How to get the First Great Magic bow
As a limited 5-star weapon, you can only get the First Great Magic by wishing on its Weapon Banner. The current weapon banner Epitome of Invokation for Genshin Impact 4.0 features the First Great Magic as a featured rate-up weapon. This means you're more likely to get it whenever you pull a 5-star on that banner.
This banner will last from 16 August 2023 to 5 September 2023, during the whole duration of Genshin Impact version 4.0. So, make sure to get your hands on the First Great Magic before it goes away, as we can't say when it will return to the weapon banner.
What is the First Great Magic?
The First Great Magic is a 5-star bow and was released as a signature weapon for Lyney. The weapon can go up to a whopping 608 base attack with a 66.2% Crit DMG sub-stat
It also has the unique weapon skill "Parsifal the Great".
- DMG dealt by Charged Attacks increased by 16%.
- For every party member with the same Elemental Type as the wielder (including the wielder themselves), gain 1 Gimmick stack.
- For every party member with a different Elemental Type from the wielder, gain 1 Theatrics stack.
- When the wielder has 1/2/3 or more Gimmick stacks, ATK will be increased by 16%/32%/48%.
- When the wielder has 1/2/3 or more Theatrics stacks, Movement SPD will be increased by 4%/7%/10%.
This means having two characters with the same Element gives you a whopping 32% damage increase on top of your charged attack bonus. Paired with the right characters, this weapon can provide some ridiculous physical attack damage.
Best characters for the First Great Magic?
The bow is quite powerful for any character that wants to be a physical DPS. This can include simple bow characters such as Fischl, Venti and Childe. However, where it really shines is with characters who make use of Charged Attacks.
The three characters who benefit most from the First Great are as follows:
- Lyney: The First Great Magic is Lyney's signature weapon and synergizes with his kit perfectly. It's just an overall very strong option, especially when you place another Pyro character in your team.
- Ganyu: Ganyu is a character who makes use of Charged attacks a lot and the First Great Magic is perfect for this. The Crit DMG stat greatly boosts her overall damage.
- Tighnari: Tighnari also uses Charged Attacks a lot in combat. The First Great Magic provides him with very high attack and Crit DMG ratios, allowing you to use your artifacts to focus on his Elemental Mastery instead.
That's all you need to know about how to get the First Great Magic bow in Genshin Impact and what characters to use it on. It's a very powerful weapon, and those who are lucky enough to get it will find a lot of use for it. Also check our guides for Neuvillete and Furina.