If you're looking to deal damage with Fortnite melee weapons, this is everything you need to know. As well as being necessary information to complete some quests, some melee weapons are worth watching out for, no matter what match you're in.
As well as going over what Fortnite melee weapons are and how to spot them, we'll go over all the special or mythic melee weapons the game has had since its launch. There are a couple of really interesting ones.
If you're looking for even more information on the game, here is the best monitor for Fortnite and best headset for Fortnite. If you want something a little different, here are the rarest Fortnite skins out there right now.
What are Fortnite Melee weapons?
Fortnite melee weapons are anything that you can physically hit enemies with. Though there are tonnes of them throughout the history of the game, the most common will be your trusty pickaxe. You can change out how it will look with skins but the same basic effects and damage still apply.
Unfortunately, there are no special melee weapons in the game right now. It seems likely this will change with the next major update.
All Fortnite Melee weapons
Every player has access to the Pickaxe from the very start of the game. It can be used to collect bricks, wood, and other materials for building. It can also do damage to other players but it's a very small amount. If you want to get elimination with melee weapons, this is a pretty poor choice.
From here, the game has had the following weapons from its launch to now:
- Amban Sniper Rifle: Awarded for defeating the Mandalorian, this sniper rifle has incredible range plus a decent melee attack.
- Darth Vader's Lightsaber: A Mythic weapon - Darth Vader's Lightsaber can be grabbed by defeating Darth Vader. It does high damage and can be thrown at enemies.
- Infinity Blade: The Infinity Blade is a mythic sword that grants players huge health, health region extended movement, and more. It cannot be held alongside other items.
- Kingsman: Weapon which can block damage and hurt enemies. Allows temporary glider redeploy.
- Lightsaber: Mythic weapon which can block damage and hurt enemies.
- She-Hulk's Fists: Superpower that allows the player to repeatedly melee opponents and build up a combo, which increases damage per hit. Also has a built-in double-jump and slam.
- Sideways Scythe: Weapon with a leap, swing and dash attack.
- Wolverine's Claws: Superpower that allows the player to melee opponents and structures with single repeated swipes, as well as dash forward mid-air.
If you're looking for more information on the game, here's what we know about Fortnite vault keys. Here is everything you should know about Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4 weapons and Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4 battle pass. If you're looking for something more, here's the best mouse for Fortnite.