Crafting in Destiny 2 is nothing new, however, even players who didn't engage with this system in the past are interested thanks to a game-breaking bug that lets you mix and match intrinsic perks to create extremely powerful combinations.
Crafting requires a bit of time commitment, even before you get to the good stuff. We have a whole guide dedicated to Destiny 2 weapon patterns and how to get them, so be sure to check that one out first if you're trying to craft a weapon for the first time.
Having said that, well keep it concise as we explain to you how to craft weapons in Destiny 2. Let's get on with it.
Weapon crafting in Destiny 2
Weapon crafting was introduced with The Witch Queen expansion in 2022. First, you'll need to locate The Enclave.
Where is the Enclave in Destiny 2
The Enclave is found on Mars, however, as the planet is not available to fully explore like it once was, players will have to select Savathun's Throne World to land on The Enclave.
Now if you don't see The Enclave, that's because you need to complete the first couple of missions of The Witch Queen campaign. Don't worry if you don't own the expansion, these missions are free to all players in order to avoid gatekeeping such an important feature.
So if you don't see The Enclave, this is probably why.
Shaping a weapon
You got your weapon pattern extracted (see our guide linked above if you missed it!), and got the first few missions of The Witch Queen done. So now what?
The game will hand you a small introductory quest to weapon crafting in Destiny 2 called Shaping The Enigma. Here, you'll get familiarised with the process, which in short, is the following:
- Choose a Frame Intrinsic. Enhanced Intrinsics become available when a certain weapon level is reached.
- Choose a Barrel perk. The choices available will vary based on the type of weapon you are shaping.
- Choose a Magazine perk. The choices available will vary based on the type of weapon you are shaping.
- Choose a Trait.
- Choose another Trait
- Optional: Choose Mementos (Optional)
- Once all components are chosen, press and hold the Shape button to create the weapon.
Level up crafted weapons
To get access to enhanced traits you'll need to kill enemies or spend resources to level up weapons. It's a relatively simple but somewhat grindy process, however, it's well worth it in the long run!
Crafting materials in Destiny 2
To craft weapons in Destiny 2, you'll need several key materials. These are:
- Resonant Alloys: Required in order to insert an intrinsic frame (adaptive, aggressive, precision, etc.). While each weapon has a type of intrinsic frame that cannot be changed (you cannot convert a precision frame into an aggressive frame, for example), at higher weapon levels you are able to select intrinsics that have Masterwork-like stat bonuses. Resonant Alloys are primarily obtained by dismantling weapons, but can also be rewarded for completing activities.
- Ascendant Alloys: Required for Enhanced Traits. Ascendant Alloys can be obtained from weekly Witch Queen campaign missions and Throne World Offensives. Alloys can also be purchased from the Cryptarch or Banshee-44 in the Tower.
- Harmonic Alloys: Required for raid-exclusive Traits on crafted raid weapons. Harmonic Alloy can be obtained by dismantling Vow of the Disciple raid weapons.
- Mementos: Optional crafting consumables that grant vanity options to crafted weapons, such as special Shaders and Trackers. Mementos can be acquired by completing specific activities.
And that's it! Remember than crafting is an important tool in Destiny 2 if you want to get access to the best weaponry, especially now that Exotic weapons like the Dead Messenger grenade launcher and the Dead Man's Tale scout rifle are craftable.