As season endings go, this seems to be a pretty big one, and players are understandably excited to see what's in store.
So, we've tracked down the patch notes to see what changes are in store for Season 3, as well as looking at some leaks and datamined code.
Obviously there will be more spoilers as we progress, so if you're staying spoiler-free, the patch notes should be safe, but anything below that is no-go!
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 Patch Notes
These patch notes have been taken from Epic's official Trello board.
- Hit indicators showing wrong direction
- Hit / Damage Indicators will sometimes appear to be coming from the wrong direction than the source of the damage.
The hit indicator issue is confirmed to be fixed in a future update - we assume the fix will go live with Season 3.
- Reports of server performance issues
Epic is asking players to help out investigating server issues, but make sure Net Debug Stats are turned on when sharing videos with their support teams.
This is marked as "important" on the Trello board, so we hope to see some server stability ahead of Season 3.
- Party Assist for Missions temporarily unavailable
- We are continuing to work on the updated Party Assist, but it will not be available before our next Season. We'll provide an update when Party Assist is available again, as well as let you know what's changed. Thank you for your patience.
We will at least get news about Party Assist in Missions ahead of Season 3 - and hopefully a fix, too.
- Replays not saving
- Some players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One may not see any recorded replays when viewing them in the Career tab.
This is an issue for PS4 and Xbox One players which we hope will be fixed soon.
- Split Screen: Game freezes when leaving party on Xbox One
- Selecting “Leave Party” while in a Split Screen party on Xbox One may cause the game to freeze.
We're hoping for a fix to this bug as well.
- Unable to matchmake when Splitscreen'd after trying to join Creative
- Players may find themselves unable to matchmake while in Splitscreen session if one of the players tries to join another friend in a Creative server.
This issue actually has a workaround at the moment: a simple restart resolves the bug. Still, it's an issue that we hope will be resolved sooner rather than later.
Spoilers ahead! Stop reading now if you want to experience Doomsday for the first time in-game!
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 Leaks And Datamines
Still here? Good. There's exciting things in store.
It is becoming increasingly clear that Midas' Doomsday Device is going to flood the Season 2 map to make way for a waterborne Season 3.
However, we could also see the ocean falling back after the storm and the flood, revealing a new, washed-away landscape. We don't know the specifcs, but here's what has been datamined:
- Dataminer FireMonkey found event cues based around "Water Exit" and "Water Impact"
- Players are seeing storm clouds gather over The Agency and huge puddles appear all over the map
- Dataminer HYPEX found data for SharkWomen skins
- Dataminers @VastBlastt and @FNBRHQ found a diving suit skin and a loading screen showing Midas looking longingly at the same equipment
- But who is the mysterious woman in the reflection? Could it be the Traveler, or is it someone else entirely?
We're in for a wet and wild Season 3 - are you ready?!