Here is what we know about the update so far.
Fortnite 18.20 Update Release Date
Fortnite 18.20 released on October 12, 2021.
The update time falls within the same 4 a.m. EST / 9 a.m. BST timeframe.
Fortnite 18.20 Update Size
Here are sizes of the Fortnite 18.20 update on different devices.
- PS4 - 3.4 GB
- Xbox Series X - 2.6 GB
- Xbox One : 4.65 GB
- Switch - 3.8 GB
- PC - 2.32 GB
- PS5 - 3.3 GB
Fortnite 18.20 Update Patch Notes
Bug Fixes and Updates
- Fixed an issue involving players not being able to use a Fishing Rod while in the passenger seat of a Motorboat or in the back of an OG Bear truck.
- Fixed an issue involving Battle Pass page unlock progress not always tracking correctly.
- Fixed an issue involving Nintendo Switch players not being heard in voice chat by players on other consoles.
- Imposter Mode now has voice chat
- Upcoming Mechs have been updated to work in water
- Daily Quests now give 45K XP instead of 30K
The Cubes are slowly making their way to the center of the map where the new Cube Town POI is expected to be. This most likely will not be in this update.
Fortnitemares 2021, and more
Tons more Fortnitemares 2021 content is on the way, with Frankenstein's Monster, Curdle Scream Leader, Skeletara, and Rick Grimes already released. The Mummy is still expected to come, as well as some new skins from the recent Fortnite Survey. There are even rumors Shadow Midas may make an appearance.