The next big update for Fallout 76 - part of Season 5 - is due to arrive later today as Bethesda looks to roll out the Steel Reign Update.
This will bring a conclusion to the games longrunning Brotherhood of Steel storyline. Here's a bit more about the story for this significant new addition to the game:
You arrive back at Fort Atlas to find the tensions between Paladin Rahmani and Knight Shin have reached a boiling point. After swarms of Super Mutants start to appear and people are reported missing, how will you guide the Brotherhood? Will you take the side of justice or will you remain committed to duty?
Steel Reign will arrive later today after the usual period of offline server maintenance for all platforms.
It's due to begin at 3pm BST and the game will likely be offline for a good few hours, as is normally the case with the game.
Ahead of time, Bethesda hasn't shared any official patch notes for this new update, but we will be sure to share the official notes as they arrive.
For now, it's worth taking a look at the games most recent PTS update and patch notes, which you'll find just below.
If you want to see the full spate of changes that's been applied to the PTS in the lead up to the release of Steel Reign, we suggest having a read of the Fallout 76 Steel Reign PTS Features and Update Log by following the link.
Fallout 76: Steel Reign Patch Notes
- PTS UPDATE (JUNE 28, 2021)
- Weapons: Kit’s machine gun no longer has a strange echoing sound when powering down.
- Weapons: Large groups of enemies rapidly firing weapons will no longer cause the SFX to become delayed and stacked.
- Voice Chat: Fixed an issue causing Voice Chat to not function correctly.
- Mole Miners: Fixed an issue where Mole Miners would not use their Rocket Launchers.
- Scorchbeasts: Can no longer be disintegrated.
- Blackburn: Behemoth Blackburn will no longer fail to perform an animation when bursting out of the chamber.
- Blackburn: Behemoth Blackburn will no longer spawn every time the player enters the FEV Facility.
- Tally Lang: No longer drops a Gauss pistol and ammo.
- Cannibal: Fixed a control lock issue that occurred when the cannibal animation was interrupted.
- A Satisfied Conscience: Replaced the Cryogenic Bed quest reward with Blackburn’s Bungalow and door.
- A Satisfied Conscience: Removed a laser grid that would prevent the player from leaving after defeating Dr. Blackburn.
- Heart of the Swamp: Fixed an issue where the event was not granting Legendary Cores.
- Scoreboard: Reward tokens are no longer off center.
- Black Diamond: Can no longer be crafted as a Legendary Weapon.
- Farmhand: Can no longer be crafted as a Legendary Weapon.
- General: Fixed an issue where weapons with explosive ammo did not report correct damage.
- Legendary Mods: Rapid Legendary mod can no longer be applied to the Fatman, M79, and Black Powder weapons.
- The Gutter: Can no longer be crafted as a Legendary Weapon.