Dead by Daylight continues to be THE multiplayer horror experience, and the fact that we’ve had a Resident Evil crossover and Hellraiser chapter so far this year is proof of that. It’s also amusing to see Capcom agree to a crossover knowing that Resident Evil Resistance wasn’t received too well, though what matters is Dead by Daylight itself is a great game that continues to get updated. But if you've only just started playing, you might be wondering what is the fastest way to level up in dead by daylight? Thankfully, we've a guide for that, so keep reading.
- Read More - Active Dead By Daylight Promo Codes
How to Level Up Fast in Dead By Daylight
Newer players are coming to the game a lot due to its reputation and various sales, so we don’t blame them for wanting a quick way to level up. Unfortunately, there’s no really easy way to level up quickly in Dead by Daylight as players have to ‘get good’ so they can progress further. This is especially in light of the introduction of Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMM) in the Patch 5.2.0 update.
That might sound difficult for some but since games like this require you to get better, things should be fine for Dead by Daylight fans if they really adore it and want to improve their performance.
Obviously, if you’re the killer, things are a little easier since you have a lot of the power and can easily kill players who are survivors. But, if you’re a survivor, play it smart by hiding in places when you know the killer is there and trying to free your teammates if the killer is dragging them to their death.
Leveling Up vs. Ranking Up
Dead by Daylight's leveling system is simply a matter of playing the game and acquiring XP. The ranking system, however, is updated using Emblem Points in the games tally screen after each match. If you want to earn a pip and ultimately rank up, you must try and earn quality Emblems in all the categories. The categories for killer and survivor are noted below:
Tips to level up fast as the Killer:
- Gatekeeper - these points are awarded for stalling and preventing generator progress, especially in the first 9 minutes of a game. Bonus points are also awarded for finishing the match with the exit gates still closed.
- Devout - this is your ability to sacrifice and kill the survivors. This includes using a Mori.
- Malicious - this is based on your ability to injure, interrupt and down survivors, so make sure you're checking generators!
- Chaser - this is based upon your ability to hunt survivors. You'll gain points for finding them and successfully winning chases. However, you will also lose points if you stay too close by to one of your hooked survivors, so keep this in mind.
Tips to level up fast as the Survivor:
- Lightbringer - this is for completing objectives, such as repairing generators, cleansing totems, and powering exit gates.
- Unbroken - this is based upon how long you stay alive in a trial and whether or not you avoid being downed, or killed, by the killer.
- Benevolent - this is for helping your fellow survivors by unhooking them, healing them, and taking protection hits.
- Evader - in this category, you earn points for being close to the killer while remaining undetected, for escaping chases successfully, and for stunning the killer.
So yes, just keep playing Dead by Daylight and make certain you're doing something that appeals to all of the above Emblem categories if you want to both level up and improve your rank quickly. There'll be good games and bad games and that's okay!
We’re sure this grind to Iridescent Ranks (previously known as Red Ranks) might frustrate a couple of newer players who just got into the game, but future rewards in Dead by Daylight will be worth it, so don’t lose hope.
This article was updated on 19/10/2021 by Kelsey Raynor.