The Ethereum Layer-2 network Optimism has recently launched its highly anticipated Optimism Airdrop, enabling users to claim free OP tokens.
Users can acquire these tokens to participate in the firm's core decision-making protocols as well as earn attractive project incentives.
Along with that, users can also move these funds across leading blockchains with the help of Optimism-MetaMask support. Here's how a user can add Optimism to the MetaMask wallet.
How To Add Optimism To MetaMask?
Apart from transferring funds from OpenSea to Metamask, the Ethereum-based crypto wallet can facilitate diverse transfers and movement of funds across all central blockchains. Indeed, this is why adding Optimism to MetaMask is slightly different than adding a new cryptocurrency or custom token to MetaMask. It is its own network. Here's how you can add Optimism to your MetaMask wallet.
- Download and install MetaMask.
- Click on the top icon and click on Ethereum Mainnet.
- Tap on it to see the scroll-down options where multiple EVM blockchains are displayed.
- Click on Custom RPC
- Fill in the data as mentioned below:
- Network Name: Optimism
- New RPC URL: https://mainnet.optimism.io
- ChainID: 10
- Symbol: ETH
- Block Explorer URL: https://optimistic.ethereum.io
- Click save and finish the process.
And that's it! You should now be able to see the Optimism tokens in your MetaMask account, although it might take some time for this to happen once it occurs.