What's included in the COD: Mobile Season 9 patch notes? COD: Mobile Season 9 launched yesterday, and the developer has now released the official patch notes. The Halloween-themed COD: Mobile Season 9 will bring back some of the scariest game modes for players to enjoy. The previous season established a weapons meta that might take a gradual shift once Season 9 begins.
Players can expect a few significant changes coming their way like new game modes, battle royale map improvements, and even a couple of unique weapons from Modern Warfare. You can also expect to see the return of the fan-favourite Alcatraz map in COD: Mobile Season 9. Whether you want to climb the COD: Mobile ranked ladder or just squad up with your friends, we're here to explain how you can do just that in Season 9.
Before we jump into the patch notes, do check out our optimal AK-47 and AK117 loadout guides. These two weapons have remained a staple in COD: Mobile's meta, and they will be more efficient this season.
COD: Mobile Season 9 Patch Notes
The theme has been revealed for the upcoming season, and it will be called COD Mobile Season 9: Nightmare! Halloween is one of our favourite times of the year and we are thrilled to be able to once again bring you a season jam-packed with delightfully terrifying content, like Nikto – Scarecrow, Artery – Nosferatu, or the Peacekeeper MK2 - Spine Rattle.
This fright-filled season begins with Undead Siege returning, a new mode called Drop Zone available to try, a Trick or Treat event, and of course a brand-new Battle Pass. Additionally, the fan-favourite Multiplayer map Halloween Standoff returns this season along with a brand-new map Hovec Sawmill.
We are also excited to be able to help celebrate Día de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead in Mexico) with an upcoming lucky draw (in early November) jam-packed with thoughtfully crafted cosmetic content.
Here is a quick look at all of the newest events and others launching throughout the week:
- 10/21 ~ Two New Seasonal Challenges
- 10/21 – 10/28 ~ 10v10 Collection (MP)
- 10/21 – 10/28 ~ Best of FTL (MP)
- 10/21 – 10/31 ~ Drop Zone mode (MP)
- 10/21 – 10/31 ~ Small Map Slayer (MP)
- 10/22 ~ Credit Store Update
- 10/22 – 11/04 ~ Trick or Treat Themed Event
- 10/23 – 11/21 ~ Game Over Draw
- 10/29 – 11/18 ~ Unhinged Jokester Draw
COD: Mobile Season 9 Battle Pass
The S9 Battle Pass is packed full of awesomely spooky weapons and operators, some familiar and some new! Our Free Battle Pass includes the all-new Swordfish Assault Rifle as well as the brand new TAK-5 Operator Skill.
- Also Read: The best COD: Mobile Locus loadout
The paid Battle Pass has four haunting operators and a variety of perfectly Halloween-spirited Epic weapon blueprints including one for the new Swordfish. You’ve most likely already seen the biggest items in the upcoming battle pass through art and videos, but let’s break it down the rest.
Free Battle Pass
- Scythe Time - Sticker (tier 1)
- Ninja – Dark Flower (tier 8)
- New Operator Skill TAK-5 (tier 14)
- Charm – Cymbal Monkey (Tier 16)
- New Weapon Swordfish (tier 21)
- Pharo - Covenant (tier 28)
- PDW-57 - Covenant (tier 31)
- M4 - Covenant (tier 36)
- Fields of the Fallen Calling Card (tier 46)
- Striker - Covenant (tier 50)
- Artery - Nosferatu (tier 1)
- UL736 – Gourd Loader (tier 1)
- On the Prowl Calling Card (tier 1)
- Charm – Zom-bale (tier 1)
- HS0405 – Skeletal Ignition (tier 10)
- Iskra - Arachnis (tier 12)
- Generous Giver Emote (tier 15)
- Peacekeeper MK2 – Spine Rattle (tier 30)
- Nikto - Scarecrow (tier 35)
- PP19 Bizon – Haunted Haystack (tier 40)
- Swordfish – MKII (tier 50)
- Rott – Tomb Bound (tier 50)
On top of all of these Halloween treats, there is also the Battle Pass Bundle which comes with the five epic items: Sickle – Infested, Avatar – Teeth Sinker, Frame – Scythe Frame (it’s a frame about a Scythe haha), Calling Card – Arboreal Assault, and Parachute – Pale Moon. You can snag all of those items plus a tier earn-rate boost with that bundle.
Will, you answer the knocking at your door? Trick or Treat in this season of Call of Duty: Mobile and acquire plenty of goodies while playing Multiplayer or Battle Royale. This Trick or Treat event is available now, on S9 launch, and has some new event mechanics for you to explore! Collect candies, trick or treat in-game with your friends or NPCs, and earn event XP, and collect rewards like the epic Scarlett Rhodes – Hallowmas or M16 – Pumpkin Repeater.
Additionally, we have Pumpkin Confirmed and Halloween Standoff both returning just in time for Halloween on 10/29 (UTC)! Both the map and mode return with featured events tied to it as well, which are just excuses to give you all extra rewards while playing those. In particular, you can grab rewards like the Axe - Bloody, Calling Card – Black Cat, Ruin – Rose Cinder, and the Epic Calling Card – Cackle.
Undead Siege Returns
This cooperative mode returns in Season 9: Nightmare and with some small updates! You can expect to see the following in-game now:
- Updated zombie spawning behaviour (more dynamic and unpredictable now)
- Brought over some Hard Mode zombies to Casual Mode
- New Escort mission available during daytime
- New lore to collect via in-game collection space
- Various general updates to mechanics, map, and zombies’ skills
We also are working on some exciting and more significant updates to come in future seasons. We can’t share anything about that just yet, but we will absolutely do so in the future once we get closer.
New & Returning Game Modes
There are two main modes to check out this season – Drop Zone and Isolated – Night! Here is a quick summary of each and some info on when you can try them out.
This new mode is available right now and it joins a long-line modes that throw you directly into the action! Different drop zones will appear around each map and each team will fight over them to try to snag care packages. Whoever gets control of the zone will get a significant upper hand, but there are also objectives to fight over. Try it out now on Rust, Hackney Yard, Shoot House, Scrapyard and make sure to collect some extra rewards via the Drop Zone Featured Event!
Isolated – Night
Head back to Isolated later this season and get ready to fight your enemies in the dead of night. Functionally, this is still Battle Royale but a new atmosphere fit perfectly for Halloween. We also have some extra challenges in-store to make sure you stay on your toes! Make sure to try out this mode during its limited-time run from 10/29 – 11/4 UTC.
COD Mobile Season 9 New MP Map - Hovec Sawmill
Get ready to explore an abandoned village full of damaged buildings, open rural streets, and burning structures. Hovec Sawmill is a mid-size map originally from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019), but traditionally daytime. In the spirit of this season, we’ve decided to make it a bit eerier and as such, it is now a night version of that map.
COD Mobile Season 9 New Weapons
Scorpion - Assault Rifle
This new Assault Rifle comes to us from Black Ops 4 (you can’t always win MW2019 fans :P). The Swordfish is a four-round burst weapon that can easily take down an enemy in one shot if the full burst hits. Through the unique Longsword Magazine, you will also be able to adjust it to a five-round burst for that extra pop of damage at the cost of accuracy and recoil.
You can acquire the Swordfish in the Season 9 Battle Pass either at tier 21 for the base weapon, or at tier 50 where you will get the Epic Blueprint.
The first grenade launcher for Call of Duty: Mobile! We’ll have more details on this weapon when it releases later in the Season – but this secondary will certainly pack a punch. With the Thumper you won’t need to worry too much about your aim, as each grenade will explode creating AOE damage against all nearby enemies. Snag it in the Outta the Way! Seasonal Challenge releasing at the end of October.
New Battle Royale Class – Pumped
Prepare to take to the skies with the latest Battle Royale Class! This new class, Pumped, allows you to jet pack into the air with limited fuel and capabilities. You aren’t quite capable of flight, but you can double do bursts and quick aerial manoeuvres. This new class provides new opportunities for flanking and air to ground combat. Get your jet pack on in mid-November in the Got Hops Featured Event!
Weapon Balance And Adjustments
Multiplayer and Battle Royale
- M67 Ammo
- Reduced range: Short-range distance reduced from 36m to 30m，medium range distance reduced from 51m to 42.5m
- Reduced the damage to upper arms from 62 to 48
- Slightly increased vertical recoil
- ADS Movement Speed increased from 0.6 to 0.65
- Reload time reduced from 3s to 2.5s
- MP Basic Bullet Speed increased from 600 to 900
- Heavy Long Barrel:
- Movement Speed adjusted from -4% -> -2%
- .300 RTC 30 Round Reload:
- Replaced bullet speed increase with silencer effect
- ADS Speed adjusted from -8% to -3%
- .300 RTC Double Stack 40 Round Reload:
- Replaced bullet speed increase with silencer effect
- New Effect: Reload Speed +10%
- Movement Speed adjusted from -2% to -1%
- Fixed an issue where the M13 did not receive the general accuracy improvement in BR.
The M13 positions itself as a strong mid-range weapon, but many of its advantages are lost when using attachments. We optimized its basic bullet speed and mobility, and reduced the negative effects of related attachments so that the M13 can better take advantage of the mid-range game.
- Reduce the basic horizontal recoil
- Initial hipfire bullet spread reduced by 13%
- Increased damage to arms from 26 to 28
- Increased damage to chest from 28 to 31
- Increased damage to head from 31 to 33
- Vertical Recoil adjusted from -3.2% to -8%
- Vertical Recoil adjusted from -3.2% to -6%
MIP Strike Stock:
- Vertical Recoil adjusted from -3.2% to -8%
KN44's TTK seemed better on paper than in practice. Unpredictable ballistics and large horizontal recoil limit the performance of the actual TTK. We’ve adjusted the level of recoil to ensure basic accuracy, increased upper body damage, and improved the ability to shoot upwards. Hip fire accuracy has also been improved to enhance performance during close-range encounters.
- Short range distance without any attachment adjusted from 10 to 14
Chopper’s sprint-to-fire delay and recoil curve, and short range has put it at a disadvantage when compared to other strong machine guns. We’ve increased its short-range effectiveness to improve close-to mid-range performance and suppression capabilities.
- Base damage adjusted from 25-22-20-19 to 28-24-20-19
- Movement Speed adjusted from 1.04 to 1.06
- ADS Time adjusted from 0.448 to 0.4
- 50 Round Reload:
- Movement Speed adjusted from -1% to -1.5%
- 60 Round Reload:
- Movement Speed adjusted from -1.5% to -2.5%
With only 30 rounds of base ammunition, UL736 is the most mobile machine gun and makes up for a longer TTK with manoeuvrability.
We’ve increased the damage of the first two ranges to improve performance in BR.
- Reduced recoil when not using any attachments
The recoil curve of the S36 has always been difficult to control. The horizontal recoil in particular has a significant impact on accuracy when firing. We adjusted the recoil curve to improve control during continuous fire.
When equipped on assault rifles and LMGs, hitting any part of the body reduces movement speed for a short time.
- Base Damage adjusted from 30-24-16-15 -> 25-21-18-16
With its high base damage, MX9 packs a surprising punch in close combat. We’ve lowered its base damage while adjusting the precision hit multiplier so that precision hits remain unchanged.
- Starting vertical recoil increased by 50%
- Bullet spread during continuous fire increased by 35% after the first shot
Fixed an issue where SKS fired hitscan instead of projectile.
SKS is extremely stable in BR, even without mods. Combined with its high rate of fire and high damage, it is proving to be too strong at medium and long-range distances.
We have increased its base recoil and bullet spread, retaining its power with mods equipped but greatly limiting suppression power of continuous fire.
- Increased explosion damage from 198 to 385
- Reduced point cost from 850 to 660
We noticed that after adjusting the lock-on time of FHJ-18, player air defence capabilities have become much weaker. We’ve made adjustments to the SAM Turret to compensate for this.
- Increased the number of drones from 4 to 6
- We’ve increased the number of drones to improve Swarm’s cost-effectiveness.
- Reduced point cost from 1500 to 1190
- We’ve reduced the point cost to improve Napalm’s cost-effectiveness.
- Reduced point cost from 1050 to 850
- Increased explosion range of missiles from 10m to 15m
And that's it for our list of COD: Mobile Season 9 patch notes.