It all comes down to this in the story of the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Wrath of the Druids DLC, a confrontation between Eivor and the druid Ciara in a high-stakes boss battle. Though not easily beaten, we’ll show you how to beat the Ciara final boss fight here.
Read More: All Ireland Order Assassination Targets
How to Beat the Ciara Final Boss Fight in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Wrath of the Druids DLC
To beat the Ciara boss fight in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Wrath of the Druids, players can actually learn something by battling the three witches in the main game. Ciara has a similar moveset, based around teleportation and summoning, rather than traditional melee combat. We’ve outlined the basics below, including a good strategy and some of her weaknesses.
Ciara Boss Fight Strategy and Tips
- Ciara’s favourite approach is to teleport towards Eivor and launch into an attack out of it. She usually jumps when about to teleport, or flash green. Use these indicators to know when to dodge.
- In melee combat, Ciara is aggressive, using three-or-four hit combos without much pausing for breaks. Use the slow-time dodge power to get some free hits in, otherwise you’ll be on the defensive for much of the battle, chipping away in brief moments.
- Ciara has two arrow vulnerability points - one on her arm, and one on her back. The arm one should be easy to get, but the back is difficult. Use a light bow and wait for one of her moves that forces her to spin around. The stun attack you get isn’t an instant kill, but it does a lot of damage.
- Despite being a boss fight, you can still hit Ciara with grapples, tackles and similar abilities, essentially cancelling out whatever she’s doing and hurting her in the process. It’s an excellent way to do some free damage, especially when you’re struggling to break through her aggressive combos.
Ciara Second Phase
- About halfway in, Ciara starts dialling up the magic. She’ll attack slightly less often, mixing in summoning and area-of-effect attacks to hurt the player.
- One of these is summoning three green spirits to charge Eivor. These attack one-at-a-time, and the best option is to dodge to the side. Once you start, keep dodging - they’ll come at you relentlessly until all three are gone.
- At other times, green circles of energy on the ground will appear. Avoid these, obviously - they do small damage while you’re standing in them, then explode for higher damage.
- Every so often, Ciara will summon a bunch of spirits who all stand in place and channel the power of the Lia Fail rock. You can use this as a chance to attack her, but she’s slightly armoured and fifteen seconds later it’ll explode for unavoidable damage. But the spirits all die from damage instantly - if you can pop them all, it cancels out the explosion and the attack itself.
Once this is done, there’ll be a cinematic where Eivor talks sense into Ciara, leading to a choice which we’ve outlined here. Of course, you should also go explore Ireland afterwards, like using this map to check all the raid locations.