Season 14 of Apex Legends is finally here and players are looking forward to the new content Respawn Entertainment will bring to the battle royale. Current rumours point towards the arrival of Vantage as the next Legend in addition to various changes to guarantee balance is maintained.
The start of a new season is an ideal opportunity for the Apex developer to make changes to the best guns in order to keep the meta fresh and exciting.
Shortly before the start of Season 14, players can expect the Apex Legends Season 14 patch notes to arrive. The patch notes contain details on all the changes made in the Season 14 update. Before we take a closer look at what the patch notes could include, don't forget to check out our Apex Legends gun tier list along with some handy tips on how to level up the Battle Pass as fast as possible.
Apex Legends Season 14 start date
EA has shared Season 14 of Apex Legends will begin on August 9, 2022 which coincides with the end of the Season 13 Battle Pass.
Once the season goes live, players can access a huge amount of new content including a new Legend, and an adjusted King's Canyon map.
Apex Legends Season 14 patch notes
As expected, EA and Respawn Entertainment have unveiled the full extent of changes in the Season 14 patch notes shortly before the new season goes live. Check out all of the changes below.
Apex Legends Season 14 patch notes
Vantage - Survivalist Sniper
Xiomara "Mara" Contreras is a survivalist who can see a threat coming from down her sniper scope from thousands of meters away. Born to a wrongfully-convicted criminal who gave birth to her alone on the barren ice planet Págos, Vantage has grown into the ultimate survivalist. Forced to live off a hostile land, she became unfathomably good with a scoped weapon.
PASSIVE: Spotter’s Lens
Aim down sights to scout with your eyepiece (unarmed or with mid- to long-range scopes) and use a bullet drop indicator to see where your shots will land.
TACTICAL: Echo Location
Position your winged companion Echo and then Launch towards him. Must have line of sight to Echo for Launch.
ULTIMATE: Sniper’s Mark
Use your custom sniper rifle to mark enemy targets which applies a damage bonus for you and your team
REFORGED KINGS CANYON UPDATE
In Season 5, Skull Town and Thunderdome were sunk by a massive explosion caused by Loba. Now that the Salvage operation is complete, the Syndicate has rebuilt the area for the Apex Games. Dredging machines have refilled the space with sand from the ocean floor, and a new battleground has been rebuilt with the iconic skull as its centerpiece. Read the full breakdown of the map update for Kings Canyon here.
LEVEL CAP INCREASE
Players can now level past account level 500 through 3 additional tiers of 500 levels bringing the effective level maximum to Level 500 Tier 3. This increase adds 345 additional Apex Packs earnable via account leveling, and ensures that everyone can earn an heirloom just by playing the game. The total number of Apex Packs earnable via account leveling is now 544.
Certain Battle Pass challenges can now be completed in either Battle Royale or non-Battle Royale modes, giving you the flexibility to complete the Battle Pass your way.
SEASON 13 RANKED RESULTS
For Split 1 of Season 13, we have the following max tier distribution among players who played more than 10 hours of Ranked (versus Season 12’s Split 1):
- 10.80% Bronze (0%)
- 28.78% Silver (3.78%)
- 44.45% Gold (25.12%)
- 14.60% Platinum (39.52%)
- 1.25% Diamond (26.63%)
- 0.10% Master & Apex Predator (4.95%)
As of August 2nd 2022, we have the following max tier distribution among players in Split 2 who played more than 10 hours of Ranked (versus Season 12’s Split 2):
- 2.22% Bronze (0.01%)
- 15.22% Silver (4.28%)
- 41.50% Gold (25.48%)
- 32.57% Platinum (42.80%)
- 8.05% Diamond (23.56%)
- 0.45% Master & Apex Predator (3.87%)
14.0 Ranked Changes
- Entry Cost: +5 to all.
- Kill RP: Removed diminishing returns on eliminations .
- Rank Reset: No change. Resuming ranked reset of 6 divisions.
- New attachment to replace barrels for SMGs and Pistols.
- Reduced hipfire spread.
- G7 Scout returns to the floor.
- Volt SMG returns to the floor.
- Bocek Compound Bow enters the crate.
- Rampage LMG enters the crate.
- Wingman returns to the floor.
- CAR SMG returns to the floor.
- Devotion LMG enters the crafter.
- RE-45 + Hammerpoint combo enters the crafter.
Gold Weapon Rotation
- Longbow DMR, G7 Scout, Mozambique, R-99, Hemlok
- Base hipfire spread increased.
- Base hipfire spread increased.
- Recoil improvements.
- Now takes stocks.
- Removed 1 pellet from blast pattern.
- Fire rate increased to 2.3 from 2.0.
- Pellet damage increased to 7 from 6.
- Bolt rate of fire bonuses increased.
- White: 1.1 to 1.1.
- Blue: 1.15 to 1.2.
- Purple: 1.2 to 1.3.
Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage at full draw increased to 70 from 60.
- Tempo draw speed increased to 0.38 from 0.32.
- Shattercaps pellet damage increased to 12 from 11.
- Fired arrows can no longer be collected.
- Arrows spawns have been removed from the floor.
- Damage increased to 28 from 26.
- Rampage comes with a Thermite Grenade.
- Damage reduced to 15 from 17.
- No longer takes barrel attachments.
- Damage reduced to 34 from 36.
- Headshot multiplier reduced to 1.75 from 2.0.
- Double Tap hop-up burst fire delay increased to 0.4 from 0.375.
- Increased projectile speed.
- Increased number of shots before overheat at base to 24 from 20.
- Removed bright red flash when hitting non-armored targets.
- Increased ironsight FOV to 70 to be consistent with other pistols.
- Increased strafe speed by 5% to be consistent with other pistols.
- Wingman now uses sniper ammo and magazines.
- Sniper ammo inventory stack increased to 28 from 24.
- Sniper ammo boxes now contain 14 rounds instead of 12.
- Recoil adjustments to increase vertical barrel climb.
- Spitfire now uses light ammo and magazines.
- Dual Loader has been worked into the base 30-30 Repeater.
- Now takes Skullpiercer Rifling.
- Projectile growth reduced.
- Base fire rate reduced to 1.1 from 1.2.
- Dual Loader removed.
- Deadeye’s Tempo has been worked into the base Sentinel.
- Double Tap
- Adds burst fire mode to EVA-8 and G7 Scout.
- 35% headshot damage increase on Longbow, Wingman and 30-30 Repeater.
- Removed Deadeye’s Tempo & Shatter Caps from floor loot.
- Boosted Loader has been reduced to Epic quality from Legendary.
Backpack Gold Perk
- New Perk: Deep Pockets.
- Deep Pockets: Large medical supplies stacks higher in your inventory.
- Batteries and Medkits now stack to 3 in inventory.
- Phoenix Kits now stack to 2 in inventory.
Knockdown Shield Gold Perk
- New Perk: Guardian Angel (Previous Backpack Perk).
- Self Revive removed from the game.
- Reduced stick damage on armor to 10 from 40.
- Remove aim slow on stick, remains on detonation.
- Detonation damage increased to 75 from 70.
- Added Blue attachments to possible spawns.
- Added Laser Sights to the pool.
- Reduced spawn rate of gold magazines.
- VTOL Jets
- Acceleration on activation decreased by about 8%.
- Fuel consumption on activation increased by 33%.
- Aerial boosting & strafing take a 20% debuff when hit by slowing effects.
- Added a third orange state to the fuel meter UI between green (>60%) and red (<30%).
- Missile Swarm
- Aim/turn slow removed.
- Move slow duration decreased from 2.5s -> 2.0s.
- Reducing the explosion radius from 175 -> 125.
- Skyward Dive
- Height reduction of 25%.
- Launch time reduced from 5.5s -> 5.0s. Coupled with the height reduction, players in Valk ult now travel upward at a slightly slower speed.
- Black Hole: Adjustments to N.E.W.T’s hitbox to make destroying it more reliable.
- Black Hole: N.E.W.T. takes 50% more damage from explosives.
- Improvements to Perimeter Security placement system.
- Retrieve the Wounded:
- Increased move speed during revive by 25%.
- Reduced turn slow while reviving by 50%.
- Increased White Knockdown shield health from 150 -> 200.
- Increase Blue Knockdown shield health from 250 -> 300.
- Mobile Shield:
- Increased hp from 350 -> 500
- Doubled max movement speed.
- Castle Wall:
- Added turn slow to electrical barrier effects and increased the severity of the slow effect to movement.
- Riot Drill:
- Projectile Launch Speed doubled.
- Wrecking Ball:
- Will travel twice as far while dropping the same amount of magnets.
- Duration increased from 5 sec → 10 sec.
- Magnet Spawn delay increased from 0.4 sec → 0.8 sec.
- Wrecking Ball will deal damage to enemy placeable objects: Black Market, Castle Walls, Exhibit, Death Totem, Mobile Shield, Black Hole, Amped Cover, and Gas Barrels. It will also destroy Gibraltar's Dome of Protection.
- Fixed Wrecking Ball not blinding and slowing enemies.
- Now ignores friendly collision on Amped Cover placement (i.e. placing walls around teammates will feel more smooth).
- Fixed gas ramping bug where transitioning from friendly to enemy gas would initially damage for more than intended.
- Mirage Decoys will now be scanned by Valk when skydiving.
- Mirage Decoys will now be picked up by Seer’s Heart Seeker.
- Fixed a bug where Mirage Decoys were picked up by Seer’s Exhibit as AI and not players.
- Death Totem will now show a placement preview when activated instead of placing immediately.
- Team-Use Harvesters: When any player interacts with a Materials Harvester, all players in their team will be given the Materials..
- Removed Shatter Rounds from crafting.
- Removed Hammerpoints from base crafting and added to RE-45 Weapon Craft.
- Heavy, Energy, and Sniper mags price increased from to 35 from 25.
- Laser Sight added to crafting: 25 materials.
- Stock and Barrel price reduced to 25 from 35.
- Added Skullpiercer Rifling Hop-Up to crafting.
- Added Double Tap Trigger Hop-Up to crafting.
- Added Kinetic Feeder Hop-Up to crafting.
- Increased Shotgun Bolt price from to 30 from 25.
- Reduced 2-4x ACOG optic price to 30 from 35.
The maps rotating for public matches during Hunted are; Kings Canyon, World’s Edge, and Storm Point.
ALL BATTLE ROYALE MAPS
- Replicators and Crafting Materials have been rebalanced across the maps.
- Ring Adjustments:
- Ring 1 Damage increase from 2 to 3 hp/tick (equivalent to Ring 2)
- Ring 1 Preshrink Time decreased from 180s to 60s.
- Ring 1 Closing Time:
- Kings Canyon - 4:10 -> 4:32
- World’s Edge - 3:42 -> 4:32
- Storm Point - 4:15 -> 4:35
- Olympus - 4:10 -> 4:32
- Removed some frustrating final rings at Staging that were causing heal offs.
- Fragment East Loot buffed from Low Tier to Medium. .
- Added OOB to west rocks at Lava Siphon.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- New Mode/Map name UI element on load screen and start flow.
- “Winning” and “Champion” tags added to the scoreboard.
- Added ability to use “tap” interact prompts when they conflict with “hold” (e.g. reloading near downed teammates is now a lot more reliable on controller).
- Added flourish to the crafting materials in the top right of the HUD when they increase.
- Added a flourish to items if they become craftable while in the crafting station UI.
- Added accessibility switch for turning on and off TTS (Text-to-speech), defaulting to what your console or system has it set to (where available)
- When dropping from the dropship, the location of the POI player lands in is now displayed.
- Hipfire reticles now change size based on the FoV
- Fixed bug where canceling a Lifeline revive would cancel it for other teammates also being revived by Lifeline.
- Fixed bug where players could not deal melee damage to Caustic Gas Barrels or Octanes Jump Pads.
- Fix for issue where the buy menu would close each time a teammate completes a purchase/and or closes the buy menu.
- Crypto’s Ultimate now destroys Wattson’s Pylon.
- Fix for issue where Crypto’s heirloom animation audio would play globally when using a survey beacon.
- Fix for issue where players could sometimes get stuck while crouched between a Replicator and Black Market after crafting.
- Fixed bug where players could not unlock the “Fully Kitted” badge.
- Fix for issue for Legends losing functionality like meleeing, using an ability, etc, while mantling.
- Fix for bug where players could not switch ammo types for the C.A.R. SMG.
- Newcastle - fix for issue where Newcastle could get stuck in their Ultimate animation while riding a zipline.
- Newcastle - fixed bug where throwables placed on a Mobile Shield would start floating after the Mobile Shield disappears.
- Newcastle - fix for cases where players wouldn’t take damage from ordnance or activate Caustic’s barrels when positioned between a Tactical Shield and its drone.
- Newcastle - fix for bug where throwable abilities placed on a Mobile Shield could float away after the Mobile Shield disappears.
- Wraith - fix for bug where Wraith would still take damage in the Ring while phasing.
- Fix for a reload bug with the Mastiff and 30-30 Repeater where players could not ADS until reloading animation was finished.
- Fixed bug where Crypto’s melee animations wouldn’t show his heirloom while in third person.
- Vending Machines in Big Maude now have buyer protection.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some stuttering and framerate spikes on consoles, especially PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
- Fix for bug where the Dropship would sometimes spawn players outside the ship.
- Fixed a bug where Heat Shields would disappear when placed under a respawn beacon, or mobile respawn beacon, and then the beacon was used.
- Fixed a bug where Pathfinder’s zipline would be destroyed if placed on top of a respawn beacon and then the beacon was used.
- Fix for cases when a Heat Shield could disappear when set under a Respawn Beacon that is activated.
- Fix for a bug where Mirage decoys would not show up on scan for a few Legends.
Apex Legends Vantage
During a huge leak a few months ago, a wealth of information on numerous unreleased Legends appeared. One of those legends is Vantage which is rumoured to arrive as part of the Season 14 update.
As a long-distance expert, Vantage could spark a shift in the existing meta thanks to their impressive attacking abilities. Here's a list of their Passive, Tactical, and Ultimate:
- Spotter's Lens (Passive) - Aim down sight to uncover information on the enemy. Includes Legend name, shield rarity, team size, and range.
- Echo Relocation (Tactical) - Launch towards Echo, a winged companion. Tap Q to order Echo and hold Q to launch to Echo.
- Sniper's Mark (Ultimate) - Use a custom rifle that can scan enemies and boost damage for Vantage and the rest of the team. Successive shots double damage while the team receives a 15% bonus on marked targets.
Apex Legends Season 14 King's Canyon changes
Ahead of Season 14, Respawn has shared an extensive list of changes to King's Canyon. Modifications include a new skybox and lighting in addition to improved rotations and a brand-new point of interest (POI) known as Relic. Check out the full list of changes below.
Apex Legends King's Canyon Map Changes
NEW POI: RELIC
One of the most frequent pieces of feedback we hear about Kings Canyon is the overall map size. Over time, Kings Canyon has continued to feel smaller and smaller as the game has evolved. Often this meant squads were too close together in the early and mid game, making it difficult for players to take fights without being interrupted by a third party. Addressing this was the primary goal of our new POI, Relic.
In Season 5, Skull Town and Thunderdome were sunk by a massive explosion caused by Loba. Now that the Salvage operation is complete, the Syndicate has rebuilt the area for the Apex Games. Dredging machines have refilled the space with sand from the ocean floor, and a new battleground has been rebuilt with the iconic skull as its centerpiece. The winding, interconnected buildings of the center village should provide a frantic (and nostalgic) experience for the Legends.
With Relic, we saw an opportunity to bring back gameplay that many players loved from the original Kings Canyon, but with a POI more appropriately sized for the overall health of the map. We hope you’ll make some great new memories playing on Relic!
MODIFIED POIS: CAGE, HILLSIDE AND RELAY
The Cage is a memorable structure on Kings Canyon, but we felt its defensibility was too high for a POI positioned directly in a high traffic junction. This was contributing to third parties as players siege squads entrenched inside the tower. In order to resolve these fights quicker, we decided to simplify the top of the structure.
The top of the cage is still a power position, but players entering the area will be able to put additional pressure on the dominant squad. Because it’s easier to enter or leave, players should now more easily be able to capitalize on an advantage and end the fight.
We felt similarly about the hillside POI near Containment, where squads trying to rotate through would find themselves caught in prolonged engagements between multiple squads.
In order to reduce this friction, we have rebuilt this area from the ground up without defensible interior spaces. Our goal with this change is to resolve fights faster and allow safer rotations through this space.
As a bonus change, we’ve restored some buildings that previously existed at Broken Relay.
We really loved this zipline gameplay over the ravine, and saw an opportunity to bring it back. We’ve also renamed this POI from Broken Relay to Basin to more accurately describe how it appears in this version of Kings Canyon.
Overall, we felt that on Kings Canyon squads didn’t need to fully commit to a decision as much as they needed to on other maps. Frequent cut-throughs made it easy to interrupt fights without consequence. For this update, we wanted to reward players for planning their rotations thoughtfully by making some key changes.
This major rotation in the center of the map connected Destroyed Bridges, River Center and Hillside. We felt that this rotation was too fast, contributing to a high amount of third parties at River Center and Hillside. To help make the flow of squads more predictable, we’ve removed the connection to Destroyed Bridges.
We’ve also removed this cave connection between Marketplace and River Center to further stabilize the flow of squads around River Center. We expect that squads will experience less third parties in these central locations on Kings Canyon, resulting in a much smoother mid-game.
At Marketplace, we’ve moved the small cave connection at the back to a more visible location, and widened it significantly. This should make it more difficult for players to ambush squads at Marketplace, and improve player awareness overall.
We’ve made a similar modification to this chokepoint near The Cage. The amount of new playable space is significant, and gives players better visibility of the surrounding area.
Over time, the loot quantity and quality across POIs has become a frequent point of feedback. In this update, we’ve taken the time to re-examine loot on Kings Canyon at a holistic level to get it back to a healthy spot.
We’ve rebalanced the distribution of loot across a number of POIs to address major loot disparity between key POIs. Crash Site and Spotted Lakes have been taken down a peg, and several older POIs have been given a much needed bump, such as Runoff, Hydro Dam, Swamps and Octane’s Gauntlet.
We’ve made significant changes to the loot rarity zones across Kings Canyon. Many POIs that felt prominent enough for medium or rare tier loot simply weren’t tagged for it. The quality of loot you can expect to find should feel much more intuitive in this version of Kings Canyon.
Kings Canyon’s total loot count was much lower compared to our other maps. The biggest offenders were buildings from the original version of the map that contained less loot overall than buildings introduced in subsequent map updates. After taking steps to address this, the total loot that can now spawn is roughly comparable to Olympus.
SKYBOX AND LIGHTING
Kings Canyon’s lighting and skybox is getting a big upgrade in Hunted. This overhaul brings a much more immersive, vibrant environment and we think Kings Canyon has never looked better!
We’ve made a large number of quality of life changes all over Kings Canyon, here are some of the highlights:
- Added a new raised walkway to help players rotate between Destroyed Bridges and River Center.
- Added two sets of stairs and two ziplines to help non-movement Legends access the walls at Repulsor.
- Added one vertical zipline to help non-movement Legends access the wall at Artillery.
- Added two vertical ziplines to help players access the walkways at Swamps.
- Added a new explosive hold at Swamps.
- Removed a number of trees at Forest to improve visibility.
- Removed two of the three Charge Towers at Capacitor.
- Removed five Jump Towers in areas that would benefit from slower rotations.Fixed many bugs and bad end circles.
Source: Apex Legends
Apex Legends Season 14 level cap
More levels to work through are coming in Season 14. EA says the new level cap is around 2000 with players having the ability to loop through levels 1 to 500 three times.
Additionally, players can now earn 544 packs through ranking up which guarantees an heirloom.
Apex Legends Season 14 weapon buffs and nerfs
So far, we know the Wingman and Spitfire are receiving changes. The Wingman now uses Sniper ammo and attachments while the Spitfire becomes a Light weapon.
Additionally, the fire rate of the EVA-8 will increase and has the ability to use a stock to improve recoil levels and accuracy. The Double Tap Hop-Up also makes a return.
Care Package weapons are changing too. Throughout Season 14, the Bocek Bow and Rampage LMG will appear in the crates meaning the Volt and G7 are on their way back to ground loot.
That's all we know about the Apex Legends Season 14 patch notes. For more, check out our Apex Legends gun tier list to see the best weapons to use.