Respawn recently revealed that some changes will be coming to Ranked in Season 8.
The news was shared via their blog post.
Expect Skydive trails again, matchmaking tightening and more.
Here's everything we know so far!
Apex Legends Season 8 Ranked
Season 7 Ranked Results
Respawn shared with us the percentage of players in each rank of Season 7 Ranked.
The Season 6 numbers can be found within the brackets.
- 16.35% Bronze (17.76%)
- 23.86% Silver (26.23%)
- 32.09% Gold (36.25%)
- 23.13% Platinum (17.75%)
- 4.37% Diamond (1.89%)
- 0.20% Master & Apex Predator (0.12%)
Season 8 Ranked Changes
Below you can find the changes being made to the Ranked system in Season 8:
- Earn placement RP earlier in a match
- RP rewards begin at placement 13 instead of 10 in a match.
- Kill/Assist count has been raised to 6
- Earn RP for more of your kills and assists in a given match.
- This is a slight nudge to give really good players a slightly faster trip back to their competitive rank, while giving our top tier players more ways to pull ahead of the pack in the Predator ranks.
- Assist Threshold Increased to 10 seconds
- Earn assists for up to 10 seconds (up from 7.5 seconds) after dealing damage to a target that is killed by someone else.
- Predator has been increased to the top 750 players
- Allowing more players to enter predator should improve queue times while remaining an exclusive tier for the highest levels of play.
- Matchmaking Tightening
- Players below Diamond will matchmake much more often within their own Ranks.
- Skydive Trails Returning
- Diamond Skydive Trails are back in Season 8 as a ranked reward.
Season 8 Ranked Goals
Here are some of the team's goals for Season 8 of Ranked:
- Create a healthier top end in Diamond+.
- Diamond, Master and Predators are reserved for the best of the best. We don’t want to change that. But, we do want these players competing against more players of similar skill, more often. In previous seasons, the player pool in Diamond+ was too small to consistently provide fair matches, so we aim to improve this by providing more opportunities for good players to earn RP.
- Improve match quality for ranked matches.
- This means we are aiming to fill most, if not all, of players in your Ranked match with players in the same rank tier. This may cause slightly longer queue times, but more competitively fair matches. We think this is worth it, and we’ll monitor queue times and sentiment closely around these changes.
Season 7 Ranked Rewards
Check out some of the rewards you can earn at the end of Season 7 Ranked below:
Season 8 Ranked Split
The first half of Season 8 will be on the new Kings Canyon.
This will run until March 23rd when Olympus will take over.
If you want to learn more about the changes being made to Kings Canyon, click here!