In Apex Legends, Heirlooms are hard-to-get items purchased with Heirloom Shards. Overall these weapons don't do any more damage than a normal melee hit, but they look a whole lot cooler. Put simply, they are the most coveted cosmetics in the game, perfect for flexing in your ranked matches or while you are waiting in the Arenas lobby. We're here to list all of the heirlooms, explain what they are and we even show you how to get them.
What Are Heirlooms?
Heirlooms are a type of very rare cosmetic that you can get for some Legends. They are extremely rare items with bespoke dialogue and banner options. They also include a melee weapon designed specifically for the Legend you choose. They have no real effect on your chances of winning in-game. They are purely a cosmetic enhancement that make your melee attacks look that bit cooler. Currently, not all of the Legends have heirlooms.
How To Get Heirlooms
1. Get Heirloom Shards
Heirloom Shards can be used to craft Heirlooms. They can be found in Apex Packs, which can be gained through ranking up or purchasing them. You can also earn shards through the Battle Pass. If you're one of the lucky ones, and you get your Heirloom Shards, you can craft an Heirloom of your choosing.
The main reason that it's so difficult to get your hands on an Heirloom is because you only have a 1 in 500 chance of getting an Apex Pack containing Heirloom Shards, meaning it could take you up to your 500th Apex Pack to get one. If you want to know how close you may be to getting the coveted shards, you can use this online Apex Packs Calculator.
2. Craft Heirlooms
Once you have Heirloom Shards, head into the main menu of the game. From there, click on the store and you should have a smaller menu appear. Click on the section that says "Heirlooms" and you will be taken to a screen that looks like this:
Scroll through the options to find the heirloom that you want and click on it. Follow the process to purchase/craft the Heirloom you want. Once you have used up all of your shards, you will need to collect more to craft other Heirloom pieces.
Apex Legends Heirloom List
Wattson Heirloom Set
Wattson finally has her own Heirloom set! As one of the original Legends, it has taken quite some time for the electrical expert to get her own set.
- Handled With Care Banner Pose
- Energy Reader Melee Weapon
- "Try as you might, you can't Kilowatt...son" quip.
Rampart Heirloom Set
Rampart finally got her Heirloom in the Rampart Town Takeover and Evolution Collection Event, a pipe wrench called “Problem Solver”. While the name is no Sheila or Big Maude, a wrench that doubles as a bubble-gum dispenser is great in our book.
- Wrench In Your Plan Banner Pose
- Problem Solver Melee Weapon Skin
- "I make things by hand" Quip
Revenant Heirloom Set
Revenant's Heirloom set was released during the Genesis Collection Event that ran in June of 2021.
- No Escape Banner Pose
- Dead Man's Curve melee weapon skin
- "You don't want to see this up close" Quip
Bangalore Heirloom Set
Bangalore's Heirloom set was released during the Chaos Theory Collection Event that ran in March of 2021.
- No Gun, No Problem banner pose
- Cold Steel melee weapon skin
- "Hope you're not afraid to get your hands dirty" intro quip
Bloodhound Heirloom Set
Bloodhound’s Heirloom set was originally unlockable during the Iron Crown event in 2019.
- Glory Hound banner pose
- Raven’s Bite melee weapon skin
- "I honor those who've risen, not those who've fallen" intro quip
Caustic Heirloom Set
Caustic’s Heirloom set was released during the Aftermarket event.
- Hammer Time banner pose
- Death Hammer melee weapon skin
- "I look forward to getting my hands on you" intro quip
Gibraltar Heirloom Set
Gibraltar's Heirloom set was released during the Fight Night Collective Event.
- Like a Rock banner pose
- War Club melee weapon skin
- "When this is over, they'll all know the name 'Gibraltar'" intro quip
Lifeline Heirloom Set
Lifeline’s Heirloom set was released during the Fight or Fright Halloween event.
- Shock Sticks banner pose
- Shock Sticks melee weapon skin
- "Check yo self - or wreck yo self (laugh)" intro quip
Mirage Heirloom Set
Mirage’s Heirloom set was released during the Lost Treasures event.
- You Really Love Me banner pose
- Too Much Witt melee weapon skin
- "Excited to see you all in the ring. Don’t worry, there’s plenty of ‘mes’ to go around" intro quip
Octane Heirloom Set
Octane’s Heirloom set was released during the System Override collection event.
- Spin and Flick banner pose
- Butterfly Knife melee weapon skin
- "Run fast. Hit fast. Win fast" intro quip
Pathfinder Heirloom Set
Pathfinder’s Heirloom set was released during the special Holo-Day Bash event.
- Lights Out banner pose
- Boxing Gloves melee weapon skin
- "Did you see how great I was? I did all kinds of really amazing moves... are you listening?" kill quip
Wraith Heirloom Set
Wraith’s Heirloom set has been part of the game since launch but wasn't instantly known as an "heirloom".
- Fearless banner pose
- Kunai melee weapon skin
- "You know what I look like - come find me" intro quip
It's quite a process to get an Heirloom in Apex Legends, but it is worth it to make your Legend stand out from the crowd. While you are working your way towards getting Heirloom Shards, why not dominate the battlefield by reading our guide on how to wall jump. If that isn't for you, then take a look at our guide that shows you how to level up Battle Pass quickly.
Updated January 3rd, 2022 by Marie Pritchard. Contributions from Rob "Devar-TTY" Kalajian