If you need to know how to remove the strap from your Oculus Quest, then we've got you covered. Doing so can be handy for storage and also if you want to install an aftermarket one.
Here's everything you need to know about how to remove the strap and also how to install a new one.
How To Remove The Strap From Your Oculus Quest
Luckily, if you do need to remove the head strap from your Quest, then it's a relatively easy process:
- Remove the facial cover by pulling it evenly.
- Disconnect the top strap by loosely pulling away from the piece of looped velcro.
- Disconnect the side straps by pulling gently away on each side of the headset.
How To Attach A Strap To Your Oculus Quest
If you do need to replace the standard strap of your Quest with an aftermarket one, or Oculus' own 'Elite Strap' attachment, here's how to do it:
- Attach side straps to the same place the others were removed from. It should click into place.
- Attach the top velcro strap by looping it through the same spot as the original strap.
In short, installing and uninstalling the strap from your Quest 2 is an easy enough process and with the variety of different options available, you'll be sure to find one that's comfortable.
Why Would I Need To Change My Strap?
It may be the case that you want to replace the standard strap as it may have frayed due to heavy usage, or you may find the original strap a little uncomfortable.
Luckily, there are plenty of options out there including Oculus' own 'Elite Strap' which offers a little more support than the standard one, and they're easy to install, as demonstrated by the instructions above.
We'll be back with you soon with more VR news, guides and info, so be sure to check back in with us soon, and don't forget that the Meta Quest 3 looks to be on its way if you are looking to upgrade.