Valorant's next patch for Act 2 Episode 2 will launch soon!
Patch 2.06 already has some juicy information about the future of the tactical FPS and will continue to build on the great work that update 2.05 did.
Here's all you need to know about patch 2.06!
The update will go live on the 31st March 2021.
Valorant has posted the patch notes early, but have taken them down.
We're attempting to collect all info here.
Here's what's we know is coming in the next update:
- Blindside (Q)
- Flash activation time decreased 0.8>>> 0.6 seconds
- Flash duration increased from 1.1>>>1.5
- Gatecrash (E)
- Gatecrash is no longer refreshed on kills and is instead replenished every 35 seconds
- Lifetime of the Gatecrash fragment increased 20 seconds >>> 30 seconds
- The range at which the Gatecrash fragment is revealed from stealth decreased 7m >>> 4m
- Visuals for visibility range added to the moving fragment
- Dimensional Drift (X)
- Ult Points reduced 7 >>> 6
- Yoru can now reactivate Gatecrash while in Dimensional Drift
- Toxin (Passive)
- Enemies that cross through Viper's Poison Cloud, Toxic Screen, or Viper's Pit are instantly inflicted with at least 50 decay. Their decay level increases the longer they remain in contact with the toxin.
- While in the cloud, Decay overtime decreased 15 >>> 10
- When out of Viper’s cloud, delay before health regen decreased 2.5 >>>1.5
- Poison Cloud (Q)
- Can now immediately be redeployed when picked up, but grants a temporary charge instead of a permanent charge
- If active when Viper dies, Poison Cloud now remains up for an additional 2 seconds, or until Viper runs out of fuel.
- Pickup distance increased 200 >>> 400
- Toxic Screen (E)
- If active when Viper dies, Toxic Screen now remains up for an additional 2seconds before deactivating
- Full blind distance from the wall increased to better match the blinddistance from the edge of smokes
- Snakebite (C)
- Equip time decreased 1.1 >>> .8
- Practice Tools
- In custom games with cheats and infinite abilities enabled, Viper can hold down “activate” on Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen to recall them.
- In custom games with cheats and infinite abilities enabled, Poison Cloud’s landing location is shown on the minimap while equipped
- Nanoswarm (C)
- Killjoy can now pick up deployed Nanoswarm grenades during the buy phase to get the charge back
- Primary fire (left-click) bullet spread decreased 3.4 >>> 2.6
- Decreased spread on Alt-fire (right-click) 3.4 >>> 2.0
- Updated damage curve for both primary and alt-fire
- 0m–8m is 20dmg per pellet
- 8m–12m is 12dmg per pellet
- Beyond 12m is 9dmg per pellet
- Reduced amount of pellets in a right click shot from 15 >>> 5
- Raze’s Showstopper now comes with two Blast Pack Charges which refill when you touch the ground. Practice those boosts!
- Snowball Launcher now comes with Skates—the increased mobility should give you an edge against the generally more lethal weapons.
- Big Knife now comes with one Tailwind (Jett Dash) charge whichrefills on kill. Close all the gaps!
- Loadout variations will be a bit of a surprise, and they’ll show up rarely. Let us know which ones you like!
You can now view a person's career from the in-game Leaderboard. You can now right click on a leaderboard entry and view their career to check out their Match History, see details of their games, and look at their ActRank progress.
If you are on the Leaderboard, but don’t want to give away who you are, you can leverage our in-client toggle to label yourself a ‘Secret Agent’.
Quality Of Life
To improve legibility, the mega map now consistently uses a mouse pointer instead of a crosshair for map pings
Head-Related Transfer Function (HRTF)
- Simulated surround sound space for headphone audio
- HRTF allows players wearing headphones to play audio in a simulated surround sound audio space
- Currently, only footsteps, reloads, and Deathmatch respawns are rendered using HRTF
- Fixed Raze’s Boombot blowing up when it hit the Spike if she was on defender side
- Fixed unintentional delay when deactivating Viper’s Poison Orb or Toxic Screen
- Fixed Yoru’s 1P audio on Gatecrash sometimes playing twice when casting the teleport
- Fixed issue where it looks like Astra is casting a Star but doesn’t actually create one when targeting close to another Star
- Fixed issue with Astra’s Star targeting being unreliable on stairs and slopes
- Fixed players not being removed from possessables when their base Agent is detained
- Fixed issue where Cypher’s Spycam broke Sage’s Barrier Orb when placed close to it. We see your tricks.
- Fixed issue where Omen’s targeting world could have Astra’s materials if he had spectated her
- Fixed Reyna and Yoru taking decay damage while intangible
- Fixed an issue where spectating Astra could cause Omen’s Dark Cover Phased World map to display as pink.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Act Rank badges to show your top wins out of order
- Fixed a bug that was showing the “Hide Act Rank” button when viewing a friend’s career
- Fixed a bug where Party leaders couldn’t kick Observers from a Custom Game lobby
- Fixed a bug that caused the last round’s Combat Score to not properly display sometimes
- Fixed a bug where AFK warnings were not being displayed at the end-of-game screen.
- Fixed a bug where comms-banned players were not receiving the explanatory message indicating that they will not be able to queue for ranked while the comms ban is in effect
- A timer has been added to indicate how long until queue restricted players can queue in ranked games again after receiving a penalty
- Fixed a bug where team voice chat indicators sometimes did not appear at the end of the round
- Fixed a bug where players previously could not type special characters and certain punctuation in the comment field on the Report a Player menu
- Fixed a bug where matches that ended through vanguard’s cheater detection would wrongfully penalize innocent players for being AFKWe apologize for this and have removed penalties from affected player accounts.