As you return to Sargasso later on in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, one of the Morts will ask you to find numerous Zurpstones to feed his pet, Trudi the dragon. This’ll get you numerous new rewards, but isn’t easily done. We’ll show you how to get all Zurpstones and their locations here, as well as what to do if you can’t find them.
How to Get All Zurpstones in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
There are 60 Zurpstones for the player to get in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, but you can’t get them all immediately. Though all present on the map to begin with, they actually unlock in stages as you collect more and more of them, as later ones require abilities you won’t have to start with. We’ll explain it all below.
Zurpstones are a collectable exclusive to Sargasso that can be given to Mort in order to earn certain rewards. This quest, simply entitled “Help Trudi”, opens up after your first boss fight at Zurkie’s. Mort will ask you to collect 15 Zurpstones found as part of a specific route you can cross with the Speetle, looping to the West of the factory with numerous ramps and curving sections. Once you have them all, he’ll then reveal all Zurpstones on the map for you to collect.
There are several rewards gained for finding different amounts of Zurpstones, which we’ve laid out below:
- 15 Zurpstones: Reveals Zurpstones on the map
- 30 Zurpstones: Galactic Ranger boots and allows player to fly on Trudi
- 45 Zurpstones: Allows Trudi to shoot fireballs
- 60 Zurpstones: Sargasso Spybot
How to Reach Higher Zurpstones
Early on you might notice that there are Zurpstones on the mountain sections, on higher antennas, radar dishes and on top of buildings where you can’t reach. The solution to reach these is to simply collect 45 Zurpstones from ground level, whereupon Trudi will recover enough to be able to shoot fireballs from her mouth. You can use this power to target the Zurpstones while flying, destroying them from above and collecting them as you fly.
Where to Find Last Zurpstones/Zurpstone Not on Map Glitch
We suffered a glitch in this sequence where for some reason, one of the Zurpstones did not appear on the map, making it incredibly difficult to find and preventing us from completing this sidequest for some time. This does not appear to be intentional, so if you’re experiencing this problem, try the following:
- For us, the final hidden Zurpstone was on the original circular course where you got the first fifteen of them, to the West of the factory. Circle this area with a Speetle or on Trudi and make sure that they’re all collected.
- If it’s not there, make sure you’ve checked the whole map for the right icon. There are lesser known sections to the North and East of Sargasso that might need rechecking.
- Otherwise, try going over the whole map with Trudi section-by-section, looking for the telltale purple glow or for the red reticule that appears when Trudi’s fireballs are locked onto something.
You found the Galactic Ranger Boots, so why not get the rest of this armour set? Or you can always find out where to get all the game’s armour here, or why not find out where to get all other Spybots and the best weapon in the game here?