Part way through the New Pokémon Snap, you’ll need to get a picture of the Illumina Volcarona at Fireflow Volcano’s Illumina Spot. We’ll show you how to get the picture of it and to puncture through its fiery shield here in our Illumina Volcarona puzzle and boss fight guide.
How to Get a Picture of Illumina Volcarona in New Pokémon Snap
To get a picture of an Illumina Volcarona in the New Pokémon Snap you need to get rid of its fiery shield and set it up for the perfect shot. Here’s how to go about it:
Volcarona’s Fire Shield
- When you go into the Fireflow Illumina Spot, there’ll be two Volcarona flying around you, in a non-Illumina form and surrounded by a shield of fire.
- They tend to fly ahead of you, quite a way off and moving in unpredictable patterns.
- To break their shield, you need to throw Fluffruit at them.
- To hit them with Fluffruit, you need to throw quite a lot higher and ahead of them, as there’s an arc to the trajectory and a delay on impact. Have the Volcarona’s head generally level with the bottom of the rectangle on the screen, and plan about a half-second ahead.
- Once you hit a Volcarona twice, its fire shield will break.
- At this point, you need to hit the non-shielded Volcarona with several Illumina Orbs. If you take too long, the fire will come back.
- Once you hit it with enough orbs, it’ll gain a green Illumina condition. Now’s your chance to get a photo!
Illumina Volcarona Rewards
For getting the picture of the Illumina Volcarona, players will get the Turbo function for the Neo-One, as well as a new location detailed here!