Mew is back in the New Pokémon Snap, the legendary Pokémon who evaded all but the most sharp-eyed photographers in the original game and became the ultimate trophy of the game. Now Mew is as elusive as ever, so we’ll show you here how to find Mew and photograph it in the new Pokémon Snap game, as well as how to complete the Myth of the Jungle request.
Read More: All Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Snap
How to Find Mew in New Pokémon Snap
To find Mew in the New Pokémon Snap, players will have to venture to the Jungle (Night) level with certain equipment and abilities, as Mew won’t reveal itself without certain prompted actions. We’ve laid them out below for you:
- Head to Jungle (Night).
- The moment the level starts, turn around and look behind you.
- You should see two Morelull.
- Play them a Melody (this ability unlocks about halfway through the game).
- A pink orb of light will fly out of the trees and circle around your car.
- Throw a Fluffruit at the orb and hit it directly to pop it and reveal Mew.
- Take the picture now! Though if you miss your opportunity the orb will reappear a couple of times later in the level.
Myth of the Jungle Request: How to Get a Four-Star Picture of Mew
The pictures you get above are all valuable and get you a lot of points, but you’ll get a request later on called “Myth of the Jungle”, based around obtaining a Four-Star picture of Mew itself. To do that, you’ll need to accomplish certain criteria:
- After getting a picture of Mew as detailed above, it’ll start to appear sporadically in the Jungle (Day) level.
- Go to Jungle (Day) while it's set to Research Level 3.
- After passing over the ruins you’ll go past a large cliff with a Liepard lying on a rock beneath you. Mew will appear again, flying down to ground level ahead of you.
- Once you reach the ground, Mew will stop to look at the red flowers in your path.
- Throw a Fluffruit at the flowers just in front of it!
- At this point Mew will drop down to eat the fruit. Take the photo as it eats it! You’ll know if you got it because Todd will speak up briefly in the top-left.
Congratulations, you just got footage of one of the rarest Pokémon in the game! You can check out more of our guides here - find out how to unlock every level and area here, or check out how you can transfer your pictures to your phone and PC here!