There’s a lot of places to go and explore in the New Pokémon Snap, with players able to explore the new Lental region and uncover rare new Pokémon. However, with a variety of locations and terrains within, we’ve laid out how to unlock all the levels and locations in New Pokémon Snap, what conditions you’ll have to meet, and how you can find all the variations within.
Read More: All Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Snap
How to Unlock All Levels and Locations in New Pokémon Snap
To unlock every level and location in the New Pokémon Snap, you’ll need to have to fulfil specific conditions to unlock them. We’ve laid out all the specifics of how you can unlock them all below, but be warned - there are some spoilers included, as there’s no way to talk about these objectives without revealing certain key players, events and Pokémon.
All Location Unlock Requirements in Pokémon Snap
Below, we’ve laid out every major location you can explore in new Pokémon Snap, as well as how to unlock them. They’re sorted here by region, but the campaign path means that sometimes you’ll have to return to previous areas or won’t unlock variations until far later in the game.
Florio Nature Park
- Park (Day) - Unlocked by default
- Park (Night) - Earn 40,000 Expedition Points and reach Research Level 2 in Park (Day)
- Illumina Spot - Play through Park (Night)
- Jungle (Day) - Earn 50,000 Expedition Points in Florio Park (Night) and take a photo of Illumina Meganium in the Florio Nature Park Illumina Spot.
- Jungle (Night) - Earn 35,000 Expedition Points in Jungle (Day)
- Sands (Day) - Earn 45,000 Expedition Points in Jungle (Night)
- Sands (Night) - Earn 30,000 Expedition Points in Sands (Day)
- Beach (Day) - Earn 45,000 Expedition Points in Jungle (Night)
- Beach (Night) - Earn 35,000 Expedition Points at Cave.
- Reef (Day) - Earn 30,000 Expedition Points in Beach (Day)
- Reef (Evening) - Complete the story campaign.
- Undersea - Earn 35,000 Expedition Points in Reef (Day)
- Illumina Spot - Take the alternative route early in Undersea (Research level 3) near the beginning of the course.
- Volcano - Take a photo of the Wishiwashi at the Lental Seafloor Illumina Spot.
- Illumina Spot - Take a photo of the Ancient Ruins at the end of Research Level 2 version of Volcano. You will also have had to take a photo of Illumina Milotic at the Elsewhere Forest Illumina Spot.
- Forest - Earn 30,000 Expedition Points in Volcano.
- Illumina Spot - Earn 40,000 Expedition Points in Forest.
- Snowfields (Day) - Take a photo of Illumina Volcarona at the Fireflow Volcano Illumina Spot.
- Snowfields (Night) - Earn 25,000 Expedition Points in Snowfields (Day)
- Cave - Earn 45,000 Expedition Points in Snowfields (Night)
- Illumina Spot - Take the alternative route in the Research Level 2 version of Cave and take a photo of the Ancient Ruins at the end.
Ruins of Remembrance
- Ruins - Take a photo of Steelix at the Outaway Cave Illumina Spot.
- Illumina Spot - At the Ruins, take a photo of Illumina Woobat and throw Illumina Orbs at every Crystabloom flower when instructed to do so.
How Many Locations Are There in New Pokémon Snap?
There are a total of eleven major locations in Pokémon Snap when fully counted, but with variations and twists within. Many levels have more than one path, providing a different experience, while others have day-and-night cycles where Pokémon behaviour is changed, so there’s more replayability either way.
Looking for more Pokémon Snap info? Find out how to get a rare Four-Star shot here, or check out how you can get the highest possible score for your photographs at our guide here!