Starting on July 17, at 10 am local time, players will be able to find Regigigas in five-star raids in Pokemon GO. The Solstice event won't last long and will conclude on June 20, at 8 pm local time. However, Regigigas is set to stay in Pokemon GO raids until July 1, at 10 am local time.
As with any other five-star raid in Pokemon GO, players will want a solid team before they enter the stadium. That means having at least five other players as a rule of thumb. Coordinated groups with higher levels can get away with fewer players. Many players will be raiding through random groups though, so make sure there are at least five.
The best counters for the Regigigas raid in Pokemon GO
Regigigas is a Normal-type Pokemon, which leaves the options for counter types fairly limited. It leaves Fighting-type Pokemon as the only real option for counters in the raid. That means even the attacks on Fighting-type Pokemon will need the same type bonus.
- Machamp - Counter (Fast Attack) + Dynamic Punch (Charge Attack)
- Conkeldurr - Counter (Fast Attack) + Dynamic Punch (Charge Attack)
- Sirfetch'd - Counter (Fast Attack) + Close Combat (Charge Attack)
- Blaziken - Counter (Fast Attack) + Focus Blast (Charge Attack)
- Lucario - Counter (Fast Attack) + Aura Sphere (Charge Attack)
- Breloom - Counter (Fast Attack) + Dynamic Punch (Charge Attack)
Once the raid is complete, players will be rewarded with Premier Balls based on performance or if friends were in the raid. Make sure to use berries and throw great or excellent curve balls to ensure a Regigigas capture.