Get ready to take on another Mythical Pokemon.
Lugia is a tier 5 raid boss, so it's good to get yourself prepared beforehand.
You'll be able to catch one in a raid until November 16th, here's how to beat one!
Pokemon Go Shiny Guides - How To Catch Shiny Houndour | How To Catch Shiny Sableye | How To Catch Shiny Shuppet | How To Catch Shiny Duskull | How To Catch Shiny Alolan Marowak | How To Catch Shiny Spiritomb |
Lugia is a Physic and Flying-type that's boosted by Windy weather.
Here's a list of Pokemon and their moves that counter it, but some aren't the easiest to come by.
- Raikou - Thunder Shock (Fast Move) + Wild Charge (Charge Move)
- Tyranitar - Bite (Fast Move) + Stone Edge (Charge Move)
- Gengar (Mega) - Shadow Claw (Fast Move) + Shadow Ball (Charge Move)
- Kyurem (Black) - Shadow Claw (Fast Move) + Blizzard (Charge Move)
- Zekrom - Charge Beam (Fast Move) + Wild Charge (Charge Move)
For backup, we recommend Steelix, Slowbro, Slowking, Umbreon or Houndoom.
Best Moves for Lugia
Once you've got Lugia, you'll want Extrasensory and Sky Attack.
These give the highest DPS.
Want to know how to catch a shiny Vulpix in Pokemon GO?
Check out our dedicated article here.
We've also got the counters for each Team Rocket Leader and plenty of guides to help you during the Pokemon Go Halloween event.
Check them out below!