Phasmophobia is a ghost-hunting title from the likes of Kinetic Games, and is no stranger to releasing updates with little notice. The latest update, Cursed Possessions, arrives just in time for Christmas and brings us gifts of a summing circle, a tortured voodoo doll, tarot cards, and more. The tarot cards are particularly interesting, however. Will they be bringing you and your friends fate or fortune this holiday season?
In this guide, we explain the new tarot cards of Phasmophobia, what they do, and how to use them.
What Do Tarot Cards Do in Phasmophobia
As stated by Kinetic Games, Phasmophobia's tarot cards are a deck of ten random cards, with each one having its own unique and mystical property. Of the six new cursed possessions introduced to Phasmophobia, one will spawn in every game, therefore you have a one in six chance of starting a game and finding some tarot cards.
Whenever you find a set of tarot cards on a hunt with you, it's a risky game! Essentially, you will be able to draw a card from the deck and then have to see what happens. Each card will have its own impact on the game, positive or negative, but you won't know the card's effect until it has been drawn, and you can't do anything about it.
The card will modify in the game in such a way that it'll affect players and the ghost. These can be useful effects, or they can be rather negative, such as sanity drainage, an increased chance of the ghost hunting, and so forth. The ten tarot cards and their effects are as follows:
- Death: Triggers the ghost's hunting phase.
- Devil: A manifestation of the ghost will occur.
- Moon: The sanity of all players is reduced.
- Sun: The sanity of all players is increased.
- Hermit: The ghost is prevented from being active for a short period of time.
- Hangman: The player dies immediately upon drawing the card.
- Fool: Repeats the previous card.
- Priestess: A dead teammate will be brought back to life.
- Tower: Ghost activity will be forced to happen.
- Wheel of Fortune: If the card burns red, players lose 25% of their sanity. If it burns green, they gain an additional 25% of sanity.
That's all you need to know about using tarot cards in Phasmophobia. For more on gathering evidence on ghosts, check out our comprehensive guide to all ghost types and evidence here. For those who aren't too accustomed to the game either, check out what to do while you're dead, too.