Alongside with Leonardo's reveal, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl's developers have also pushed out the gameplay breakdown for April O' Neil. More than her reporter-themed attacks, April will also be the first character introduced that'll have resources to manage to give her powerful attacks in battle. Here's what else we know about her attacks in battle.
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl April O' Neil's Movelist
As showcased first on Polygon, the developers featured April O' Neil's moveset to fight off foes in this game. Most of April's attacks involve her fiddling with her work equipment such as microphones, cameras, and other broadcasting equipment. Here's the list of her attacks in-game:
- Comment Please! - Light Attack
- Microphone Check - Up + Light Attack
- Sliding Kick - Down + Light Attack
- Aerial Kick - While midair, Light Attack
- Spin Kick - While midair, Up + Light Attack
- Heel Kick - While midair, Down + Light Attack
- Close Up! - While running, Light Attack
- Overhead Recording - Strong Attack
- Take Notes - Up + Strong Attack
- Pose Pose Pose! - Down + Strong Attack
- Aerial Overhead Recording - While midair, Strong Attack
- Aerial Take Notes - While midair, Up + Strong Attack
- Aerial Pose Pose Pose! - While midair, Down + Strong Attack
- Studio Close Up! - While running, Strong Attack
- Breaking News! - Special Attack
- Blimp - Up + Strong Attack
- On The Air! - Down + Strong Attack
Aside from her arsenal of reporter equipment and kicks, the developers have also confirmed that she will be a glass cannon. This character archetype means that she has a potential to deal high damage but have low defense if she does get hurt.
The developers have also confirmed that April O' Neil will also have the Ratings resource which can be seen as stars circling around her microphone. April can earn up to three stars around her mic and each star will boost the damage of her Breaking News attack.
Depending on how many Ratings she currently has, the Breaking News attack can deal low damage to high damage from one hit if she lands this move. However, players will need to make this attack count and hit it as April immediately uses up all of her Ratings regardless if she hits the attack or misses completely.
After April O' Neil and Leonardo, it's highly possible that the last Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles character, Michelangelo, will be next. Before these two character reveals, Michelangelo already had his moveset revealed on the official NickBrawlGame Twitter page. However, Michelangelo has yet to get his own moveset breakdown.
For now, we'll have to wait for more information to confirm if Michelangelo would be next. After his moveset reveal, four characters. namely Catdog, Ren and Stimpy, Leonardo, and April O' Neil. have overtaken his turn in the moveset breakdown.