You’ll need plenty of Zenny in Monster Hunter Rise to buy items, weapons, armour and other supplies. You’ll earn a good amount by simply doing quests, but there is a much faster way. In this Monster Hunter Rise Money Making guide we’ll outline the best way to make money. We’ll show you exactly where to go, so that you can go on 10-minute money farming runs. Let’s get earning!
Read More: Monster Hunter Rise Walkthrough
Monster Hunter Rise Money Farming
The best way to make money in Monster Hunter Rise is by farming ore outcrops with certain bonuses active. Here’s what you need to do:
- Consume Bunny Dango that boosts resource pickups
- Accept a High Rank Expedition to the Lava Caverns
- There will need to be a Mining Upsurge associated, check the screenshot below
- Apply the Geologist skill to your gear (the leather set has this)
- Farm Ore in the Lava Caverns before the 10-minute upsurge ends
- Complete Quest, sell your rewards and repeat.
Using the Mining Upsurge
Before heading out on a High Rank Expedition, check the locale info to see what the Upsurge is. You need it to say ‘Mining Outcrops’. This will mean better rewards from every ore node you hit. If it isn’t listed yet, complete quests to cycle it. A great way to do this is to go on simple missions like the first one that sees you collecting lanterns.
To maximise your efforts you will want to make sure you are aware of where the ore outcrops are in the Lava Caverns. We’ve labelled them on the maps below. Try to hit them all twice before the 10 minute Upsurge ends.
Selling Your Materials
Once you’ve done a few runs, head to a merchant and sell your ore. Novacrystals are the pricey ones here, but Dragonite and Carbalite Ore also fetch a decent price.