Day 3 of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta saw many experience Ground War for the first time, in what is dubbed the 'cross play beta weekend'. Today's update looks at fixing many Xbox bugs and increasing the level cap to 30.
Level Cap Increased To 30
The multiplayer level cap has now been increased to level 30 and will likely be the last increase of the beta period. For the more dedicated players, reaching level 30 may not be too difficult. However, it seems late in the beta's life-span to increase the level cap.
Day 3 Recap
Feedback that they're currently looking into
- Blurriness on PC
- Crashes on Xbox One and PC (please check existing threads on here if you’re experiencing one of these crashes)
- If you’re experiencing any crashes on PC, please click HERE for support
- Players were able to change their input device midmatch. We deployed a fix for this during the beta.
- Xbox users: We know of a bug with invites and joining up from the Xbox Dashboard. While this is being investigated, you can still send invites and join up with friends within the game.
- Staying together as a Party after a match: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- Voice chat: Voice chat is inconsistent when joining up with players on other platforms. This is being investigated.
- Ground War: In some cases, players would spawn or be ‘pushed’ under the map, allowing them to kill enemy players while being hidden. Friendlies are also able to spawn on under the map as well. We’re looking into how you spawn on your teammates as well as spawning in on vehicles in general, too.
- Screen Tearing would occur for some players on Xbox; mostly after spawning in or after using a killstreak
- VTOL Jet is able to fire through the roof of buildings and kill enemy players
- Vehicle Audio and/or in-game music is sometimes the only audio being played regardless of being in a lobby or match
- Suppressed M13 still uses normal audio sounds
- Settings not saving on PC
- FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map. This has been fixed.
Playlists Coming Sunday
- 6v6 Gun Runner
- 6v6 Hackney Yard (Day)
- 6v6 Azhir Cave (Day)
- 10v10 Grazna Raid
- 32v32 Ground War (Karst River Quarry)
- Game Mode Filter: TDM (Team Deathmatch)
- Game Mode Filter: Dom (Domination)
- Game Mode Filter: HQ (Headquarters)
- Game Mode Filter: Cyber Attack
- Game Mode Filter: 10v10 HQ (Headquarters)
- Game Mode Filter: 10v10 Dom (Domination)
- Featured Playlist: 32v32 Ground War (Karst River Quarry)
- Featured Playlist: Realism – TDM (Azhir Cave, Hackney Yard, Gun Runner)
Written ByChris Trout@TheTrout91