The next League of Legends' update is 11.5 and arrives this week!
Patch 11.4 brought some significant changes to champions, items and most importantly jungle camps in LoL.
Some of the key camps include Gromp, Krug and Razorbeak while the biggest changes came to champions such as Samira, Kai'Sa and Katarina.
The next update will continue the great work and gameplay improvements into Season 11 and seems to even revert a few changes made from a few weeks ago.
Here are patch notes for League of Legends update 11.5.
Click the links below to read all about update 11.5:
When Is The LoL 11.5 Patch Release Date?
Patch 11.5 will arrive on the 3rd March 2021.
It will likely roll out at the following times (but this isn't confirmed):
- 3am PT(NA servers)
- 5am GMT (EUW servers)
- 3am CET (EUNE servers)
LoL 11.5 Patch Notes
Here's a quick round-up of what's coming:
These changes come from the PBE servers.
- Azir (Nerf)
- W - soldier auto-attack damage reduced to 50-150 from 60-160
- Gragas (Nerf)
- Q - mana cost changed to 80 (was 60-80)
- Jax (Buff)
- AD per level changed to 4.25 from 3.38
- Karma (Buff)
- Q cooldown decreased to 8-6 seconds from 9-7 seconds
- Kog'maw (Buff)
- W on-hit magic damage changed to 3-7% max HP from 5.25
- Master Yi (Buff)
- E on hit damage increased to 20-60 from 18-50
- Pyke (Buff)
- P Grey Health Storage 25-50% (by champ level) of damage taken changed to 10% (+25% lethality), increased to 35% (+50% lethality) when 2 or more enemies are nearby
- Qiyana (Buff)
- W on hit damage increased to 8.64 from 840
- Rammus (Nerf)
- Health per level decreased to 80 from 95
- Rell (Nerf)
- Base armor changed to 32 (was 35)
- W - cooldown increased to 13 from 11 (both W cooldowns)
- Samira (Buff)
- AD per level increased to 3 from 2.3
- Q damage ratio increased to 80-120% tAD from 80-110%
- Sejuani (Buff)
- W 2nd hit damage increased to 6% max HP from 5.25
- Senna (Nerf)
- No longer grants over 100% crit chance, excess crit is instead granted as lifesteal (at the same conversion rate as before) Guinsoo Crit to on-hit conversion is now capped at 100% crit chance
- Guinsoo On-hit damage is now affected by champion crit damage modifiers
- Seraphine (Nerf)
- Ally notes deal 25% damage (was 100)
- Note decay after the first removed
- Note damage changed to 4/8/14/24 (at 1/6/11/16
- Cooldown increased to 160-120 from 160-120
- Shaco (Nerf)
- AOE damage changed to 10-30 (was 15-35)
- Single target damage reduced to 25-85 (was 35-95)
- Deals an additional 10-50 damage to monsters
- Trundle (Buff)
- Q cooldown decreased to 3.5 seconds from 4
- Twitch (Changed)
- AP ratio decreased to 2.5% from 3
- AD increased to 30-60 from 25-55
- Duration increased to 6 seconds from 5
- Udyr (Nerf)
- Health per level now 92 from 99
- R - Total aura damage changed to 40-240 (was 50-275
- Shock - Attacks deal 1.5% Max Mana Damage and Abilities deal (3.5% Melee/2.7% ranged) Max Mana +6% tAD Damage
- Black Cleaver (Buff)
- Butcher - removed
- Cost now 3100 from 3300
- Health 400 from 300
- Dealing physical damage to a champion grants 5 movement speed per stack of Carve on them for 2 seconds
- Maw of Malmortius (Buff)
- Cost now 2800 from 3100
- Serpent's Fang (Buff)
- Shield Reaver - Dealing damage reduces incoming shields by 50/25% for 3 seconds
- When you damage an enemy who is unaffected by Shield Reaver, reduce shields on them by 50/25% (melee/ranged)
- Stridebreaker (Changed)
- Dash distance changed to 300 from 200
- Slow amount changed to 40% from 60%
- Damage changed to 75% tAD from 100%
Hecarim is getting a fresh look.
- HOOF PRINTS on 11 skins
- An actual Firetail no more solid shape!
- Cleaner Arcade Visuals
- further enhanced thematic elements on Elderwood and other skins
Item Shop Bundles
Senior Experience Designer at Riot Games, Jordan Checkman has noted on Twitter that there will be new item shop bundles coming to the store within the next update!
Beemaw and Yubee (1350 RP)
Beezahar (1350 RP)
- The Kayn skin portrait bug will be fixed in 11.5
Client Clean Up
Riot has outlined plans to further clean up and improve their client in the first quarter of the year.
- Social panel not connecting
- Friends list not loading, incorrect status being displayed, friends not populating
- Player won't be sent a friend request if their friend list is full
- Ranked information disappears from hovercard when a player is in a normal game
- Chat stutters when typing messages in quick succession
- Folders reorder themselves between sessions
- LoR and Valorant folders go missing when sorting by "Group Games & Servers"
- Clicking ‘Show Dates” in chat box will cause text boxes to overlap
- Friend Request notification only appears when the option is toggled off, and vice-versa
- Reducing crashes
- Continue to fix memory leaks
- Continued architecture work to clean up our codebase
You can read all of the details here.
Mark Yetter has also outlined some future projects and updates coming to LoL in 2021.
- Overly skewed towards Pro Play
- Champions that have pattern-level (as opposed to power level) issues that create difficulties for long-term balance
- THey're picked frequently in professional games but have very low solo queue win rates, making it painful when we nerf them
- These champs often display a pattern where "the more skill you have, the more you can remove the counterplay" as opposed to having difficult-to-execute combos that pros are just better at. As you might expect, at the pro level we're seeing the weaknesses mitigated too far
- Examples here - upcoming Tahm Kench changes, Sylas changes in Season 10
- Game health or counterplay issues at all level of play
- These champs are often balanced (as opposed to the pro play skewed champs who end up underpowered for regular play) and even sometimes popular. However, they degrade the overall game quality because they have insufficient counterplay or promote strategies that lower the depth and interaction of other plays
- Examples here - Aphelios (s10 range and AOE burst reductions), Akali (s9 invis under tower removal)
- Older champs that need love
- Often these champs have reasonable power/win rates but players just feel they aren't keeping up with the current game
- These updates will often look to strengthen the identity of the champ and find ways that make their current power more satisfying, clear, or skill expressive
- Examples here - upcoming Rammus changes, 11.3 Jinx changes
- Items not hitting their goals
- Not appealing - sometimes an item can be balanced but doesn't deliver on its fantasy in a satisfying way, so players don't buy it even in cases where it'd be good
- Unhealthy - removing counterplay or skewing the shape of the game too far (like burst, sustain, range) are problems we want to fix. (Hextech Gunblade)
- Unclear purpose - the item either doesn't have a clear set of circumstances where it's strong, or that circumstance is overly narrow. That makes it either generically weak, or a must-buy if tuned to be generically strong.
- Runes not hitting their goals
- Warping pattern - some runs can be under picked mostly because they demand too much from the player and end up feeling like "playing the rune, not the champion" (e.g. Omnistone)
- Dominating choice - some runes ruin the choice structure by being too generically powerful for too many different types of champions. (Conqueror has run into this a few times in the past)
- Game Health Issues - like the items, runes can undermine important gameplay. Nimbus Cloak is a recent example where it was breaking the intended weaknesses of many fighters and tank by giving them too much target access.
Jordan Checkman has noted there will be an update in regards to how third-tier items will sometimes become packed and overlapped within the in-game store menu!
Xin Zhao is also getting an update in the future: