When you first start challenge mode in Jurassic World Evolution 2, there is a good chance that you won't have any of the essential buildings/items that you need. Some of them are unlocked through time but others can be unlocked instantly if you know how. This is why we're going to show you how to get a small Power Station, small Substation and Pylons in challenge mode.
How To Get a Small Power Station, a Small Substation and Pylons in Challenge Mode
If you do not have access to these basic power essentials in challenge mode, you will need to unlock them through research. Follow the steps we have laid out below and you will have these items in no time at all.
1. Make sure you have a science center - you will need this to conduct research for important items for your park, including the essentials for powering it. If you have one already then you can skip to step 2.
2. Open up the "Power" section from your side menu on the left-hand side of your screen - It's the little lightning bolt symbol.
3. Click on the small Power Station, small Substation or Pylon section. It will say that you need to research this before you can build it and then you will need to click on the prompted button to take you to the research screen. You only need to research one of the three items, researching one will unlock the rest.
4. You should be taken directly to where you need to be on the research node.
5. Assign the appropriate scientists to the task - these will be the ones that will fill or overfill the skill requirements for the task. You can see these requirements above the "start task" option.
6. Once the requirements have been filled, click on "start task" and you will simply need to wait for the research to be finished. After the research has finished, you will have unlocked all 3 small/basic power items.
Unlocking items to be able to power your park is one of the many things that you need to do in challenge mode. There are multiple layers of managing a dinosaur theme park that you need to understand in Jurassic World Evolution 2. We have a few guides that might help you out, including one on how to fix broken fences. Also, we have one that shows you how to help injured dinosaurs.