Although there's no official intel from Infinity Ward, information on the Warzone 2 DMZ objectives is emerging much to the excitement of players. Following a string of discoveries from within the Warzone Mobile files, various elements of the extraction mode have leaked.
DMZ is rumoured to take inspiration from Escape from Tarkov and provides players with various ways to play. Choose to eliminate AI or enemy players to earn rewards or complete objectives and attempt to make it to safety. Scoring kills isn't just one aim of the game.
Before we share more about the Modern Warfare 2 DMZ objectives, don't forget to check out our guides showcasing the best Modern Warfare 2 guns that have a high chance of dominating the meta.
What is Modern Warfare 2 DMZ?
DMZ is an all-new Call of Duty experience integrated with the Modern Warfare 2 universe. Described as an extraction mode, players have the option to score kills, collect items, and complete numerous objectives.
The only way to guarantee your rewards is by making it to the extraction zone. Do so successfully and you'll have them in your inventory.
Modern Warfare 2 DMZ objectives
Thanks to leaks from notable Call of Duty dataminer "Reality," a range of objectives that will appear in DMZ have leaked. As expected, there's a wide variety to complete. Here's the leaked objectives.
It's worth mentioning that the majority of the objectives contain the "^.&&1^7" code and is acting as a placeholder meaning the objectives could change prior to the launch of DMZ.
- “Extract ^.&&1^7 enemy grunt weapons.”
- “We need to acquire intel about how Al Qatala is arming its grunts. Bring back some of their weapons so we can analyze them. Extract ^.&&1^7 enemy grunt weapons.”
- “Capture ^.&&1^7 SAM sites.”
- “Al Qatala has set up several surface-to-air missile sites in the DMZ. There are frequently transport planes flying overhead, SAM sites can shoot them down allowing you to recover their supplies. Capture ^.&&1^7 SAM sites.”
- “Extract ^.&&1^7 cash in one match.”
- “We are low on coin because of several consecutive botched operations by your fellow soldiers. We need a lump sum urgently for an upcoming mission. Extract ^.&&1^7 cash in one match.”
- “Extract a Hail Storm.”
- “Uncle Sam is looking to do some research on the weapons being distributed throughout Saba. Acquire and extract a Hail Storm shotgun and we can use it to gain some goodwill with the feds. There’s a rumor the Hail Storm can be purchased at specific buy stations. Extract a Hail Storm.”
- “Kill a boss and extract their weapon case.”
- “We’ve received intel that the chemist has acquired a weapon case containing valuable rare weapons. Find a hard drive and upload it in order to track him down. Acquire his weapon case by any means necessary. Kill a boss and extract their weapon case.”
- “Extract with a full backpack.”
- “A mission into the DMZ cannot be considered successful without extracting sufficient resources. Fill your backpack before you exfil to maximize your efficiency. Extract with a ^.full backpack^7, including the ^.backpack weapon slot^7.”
- “Empty ^.&&1^7 vehicles of gas.”
- “Al-Qatala is planning to transport weapons using civilian vehicles, drive nearby vehicles until their tanks are empty to sabotage Al-Qatala’s plans. Empty ^.&&1^7 vehicles of gas.”
- “Extract with ^.&&1^7 different lethals or tacticals.”
- “Kill ^.&&1^7 grunts in hydro using a shotgun.”
- “Travel to Hydro and get up close to the Al-Qatala infantry so we can observe their tactics. Dispatch them with a shotgun. You can acquire one in a buy station or in an enemy supply cache. Travel to Hydro ^.&&1^7 time. Kill ^.&&2^7 grunts in hydro using a shotgun.”
- “Travel to Hydro ^.&&1^7 time.”
- “Kill ^.&&1^7 riot shield grunts.”
- “Enemy strongholds are often guarded by well equipped grunts with riot shields. If you can outflank them you’ll have easy access to the loot they’re protecting. Kill ^.&&1^7 riot shield grunts.”
- “Kill ^.&&1^7 special forces.”
- “Heavily armored grunts will infil if you cause enough trouble in the DMZ. We need intel on their combat capabilities, get their attention and terminate them. Kill ^.&&1^7 armored grunts.”
- “Extract ^.&&1^7 liquor bottles.”
- “Before Saba was evacuated, a famous collector of fine liquors lived there. Looters have stolen and relocated most of his collection all around Saba. Find a few bottles and bring them back, they’re highly valuable. Extract ^.&&1^7 liquor bottles.”
- “Kill ^.&&1^7 grunts at long range.”
- “Good marksmen can take out enemies before they’re ever detected. Prove your marksmanship by eliminating some Al Qatala grunts from long range. Kill ^.&&1^7 grunts at long range.”
- “Kill ^.&&1^7 grunts in oilfield using a sniper rifle.”
- “The Oilfields are a critical POI for our operation. Wipe out the grunts there, but don’t get too close. Acquire a sniper rifle at a buy station or elsewhere and use it to eliminate the hostiles. Travel to Oilfield ^.&&1^7 time. Kill ^.&&2^7 grunts in oilfield using a sniper rifle.”
- “Travel to Oilfield ^.&&1^7 time.”
- “Kill ^.&&1^7 operators with an assault rifle.”
- “Prove that you have the skills to be a helpful asset to us. Acquire an assault rifle and use it to terminate other operators. Kill ^.&&1^7 operators with an assault rifle.”
- “Kill ^.&&1^7 operators.”
- “We need to increase our influence in Saba. Eliminate any operators you find to strengthen our foothold. Kill ^.&&1^7 operators.”\
- “Kill ^.&&1^7 operators in Quarry.”
- “Command wants to get a foothold in Quarry, but informants have told us about rampant activity from other Factions. Clear out some of their operators so we can move in. Kill ^.&&1^7 operators in Quarry.”
- “Kill ^.&&1^7 operators with an SMG.”
- “Weapons found in the DMZ are unreliable. Verify the killing potential of a recovered SMG by testing it on hostile operators. Kill ^.&&1^7 operators with an SMG.”
- “Kill ^.&&1^7 grunts with headshots using a pistol.”
- “Travel to ^.&&1^7 different Points of Interest (POIs) in one match.”
- “We need you to familiarize yourself with the points of interest in Saba to increase our operational efficiency. Travel to as many POIs as you can and scope out the area. Travel to ^.&&1^7 different Points of Interest (POIs) in one match.”
- “Wipe ^.&&1^7 squads.”
- “Extract ^.&&1^7 operator dog tags.”
- “We need proof of enemy faction presence in the DMZ to get approval for higher troop deployments. Tech will run a background check on the operator and pay you a lump sum for each dog tag extracted. Extract ^.&&1^7 operator dog tags.”
- “Complete ^.&&1^7 elimination contracts.”
- “Al Qatala has stationed several high value targets in Saba. Intercept their communications to track them down and eliminate them. Complete ^.&&1^7 elimination contracts.”
- “Complete ^.&&1^7 hunt contracts.”
- “You can intercept enemy communications in order to find the location of hostile Faction operators. Use this intel to eliminate enemy squads. Complete ^.&&1^7 hunt contracts.”
- “Hack ^.&&1^7 UAV towers.”
- “Al-Qatala has deployed UAV towers at many points of interest around the DMZ. These towers provide critical intel on the surrounding areas. Hack them so we can gain an informational advantage. Hack ^.&&1^7 UAV towers.”
- “Enter ^.&&1^7 different vehicle types in one match.”
- “Destroy ^.&&1^7 vehicles.”
- “Transportation options are limited in Saba. Destroy vehicles to immobilize the enemy. Destroy ^.&&1^7 vehicles.”
That's all there is to know about the Modern Warfare 2 DMZ objectives. For more on Infinity Ward's latest title, check out the Modern Warfare 2 maps and Modern Warfare 2 perks making their way to multiplayer.