Looking into how to get money fast in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet? Unless you're churning through Pokeballs and not weakening your target, you won't run into money issues in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet for a while. But when you do, it can be hard to get out of the struggle.
Down below, we'll quickly go over some money farming methods those with the game early have figured out. They're relatively straightforward strategies, but you'll have to wait until you're quite far into the game to make proper use of them.
For more on the latest generation of Pokemon, check out the best Pokemon Scarlet and Violet EXP farm locations to level Pokemon fast. Then, check out what we know about Scarlet and Violet DLC as well.
How to make money fast in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
The main method for farming Poke dollars in the game is by farming Star Pieces in the desert. Here's the method that you'll want to use to do this as effectively as possible.
- First, disable autosave
- Next, make sure that there are only two Pokemon in your party, and that they cannot breed (two of the same gender, or genderless).
- You’ll also need to pick up some sandwich supplies: butter, peanut butter, bananas and toothpicks.
- With these in hand, fly over to Cascarrafa, and head into the desert. You’ll notice a bunch of shiny objects on the ground.
- Save before picking up each one and snag them. If you find one that’s a star piece, immediately close your game and reload.
- Then, once you’ve loaded back in, set up your picnic in such a way that the picnic basket and the end of the table is covering the shiny object on the ground.
- Then create a great peanut butter sandwich with the supplies you picked up. This will give you “Egg Power Lv 2”.
- Then stand next to the basket, and every 5-10 minutes, check the basket for a bunch of free star pieces.
- The buff only lasts 30 minutes, but if you pick up enough ingredients to go for a few hours, you can end up with quite a bit of money.
The beautiful thing about this farm is that you don't have to do very many inputs. So if you have your Switch hooked up to a second monitor during a gaming session, you can keep this farm going with very little attention paid to the actual farm. Just set up a time for every 10 minutes, to check the basket and every 30 to make a new sandwich.
Though any raid you take part in will prove to be a decent source of income, it's specifically those in the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet post game you'll want to aim for.
Beyond offering Herba Mystica you can use for farming shiny Pokemon and making perfect sandwich recipes, five star raids offer EXP candies, crafting materials, and things like Ability Patches - which can both earn and save you lots of money in the long run.
Of course, you'll get a lot of cash just for completing them, too, which you can then spend on some items that have traditionally been very hard to acquire.
It's worth noting that the currency you get from raids isn't the Pokedollars you use in most cases. Instead, you get League Points. These function much like Watts from Pokemon Sword and Shield, but you can use them in most of the vendors that offer items used in competitive play.
We'll have more money-making tips for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet soon. Until then, check out how to get Nature Mints, how to evolve Finizen into Palafin, and what level Charcadet evolves as well.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Guides , Pokémon Scarlet and Violet , Evergreen , and Role Playing Games pages.