What's the limit to Clive's ever-growing powers? We answer this in our guide on the max level in Final Fantasy 16. While playing Final Fantasy 16, levelling up becomes quite rewarding, as players control and level up Clive, getting more powerful throughout.
The game has a wide array of things to do, such as progressing through the main story, taking some side quests, finding some powerful weapons, and gaining XP in between all that. So, let's see what the max level is!
What is the max level in Final Fantasy 16?
During your first run-through of playing the game, Final Fantasy 16 has a maximum level reach of level 50. Knowing this, it means that players can't level up past level 50. Side quests can still be completed once you hit level 50, but this won't increase Clive's XP level any further, since the level cap has been hit.
But don't fret, as there's a new mode to the game called New Game+ Final Fantasy Mode. In this mode, players get to experience a more challenging version of the game, with stronger and more numerous enemies. This mode offers a doubled level cap, which means that the maximum level here is level 100. Moreover, there are new features for players to explore in this mode.
In terms of Final Fantasy Mode, players can try this out once they complete their first playthrough of the game. The mode kicks off during the fall of the Phoenix Gate. It's also important to take note that all abilities and gear a player has obtained during the first run will be maintained. So, you better make sure you have the best gear before you try out this mode.
How to level up fast in Final Fantasy 16
While it seems quite a daunting challenge to level up to level 50 and eventually level 100, we can offer you some tips for levelling up fast in the game. Here's a list of tips below:
- Switch to story-focused mode on your game - This makes it easier to defeat enemies to progress in-game.
- Use Wages of Warcraft accessories - These accessories will increase the XP you gain from enemy battles.
- Equip on Fortune and the Heavens accessories - Similar to the Wages of Warcraft Accessories, having this in your arsenal will boost your XP gain.
- Complete side quests - While it's important to grind the main story, side quests shouldn't be neglected as these can return to you some additional XP.
- Complete hunts - Doing hunts will also help you gain a lot of XP. Over time, the XP from hunts increases, so it's worth allocating time to do these.
Overall, that's all the information we have on the max level in Final Fantasy 16. Since you're still around, feel free to check out our other guides on the game such as how to get Morbol Flower in Final Fantasy 16 and our Final Fantasy 16 abilities list.