In need of a FFXIV 6.2 quest locations list? You're in the right place. Like any that came before it, unlocking the new quests means completing a few others and knowing where to pick up the next, and that's exactly what the long list below will help you out with.
FFXIV 6.2 includes not only the usual heap of new story quests, dungeons, and raid battles, but a whole private island for every Warrior of Light out there. It's the Island Sanctuary feature most see as the main allure of this cycle, so you'll probably want to do whatever you can to unlock that as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
- Island Sanctuary quest location - how do I unlock the FFXIV 6.2 island minigame?
- MSQ quest location - how do I start the FFXIV 6.2 main story?
- Fell Court of Troi unlock quest location - how do I unlock the FFXIV 6.2 dungeon?
- FFXIV 6.2 raid unlock location - how do I unlock Pandaemonium Abyssos?
- Tataru's Grand Endeavor quest locations - How do I unlock the FFXIV 6.2 side story?
- The Minstrel's Ballad unlock location - how to unlock the FFXIV 6.2 trial
- Sephirot Unreal unlock location - how do I unlock the FFXIV 6.2 Faux Hollow trial?
For more Final Fantasy XIV guides, we've got you covered. We'll have a whole host for 6.2 on launch day and beyond. For now, get a story refresher with our FFXIV Knight in Black guide. Our FFXIV 6.2 hub covers what to expect in the next few weeks as well. Lastly, our FFXIV 6.2 maintenance timer can help you count down the hours.
Island Sanctuary quest location - how do I unlock the FFXIV 6.2 island minigame?
- Quest: "Seeking Sanctuary" - Clueless Crier, Old Sharlayan (X 11.9, Y 11.0)
- Prerequisite: "Endwalker"
So long as you've cleared the 6.0 storyline, you're good to unlock the Island Sanctuary minigame set to take attention away from the FFXIV 6.2 PVE content. That means you could have called it quits back in December last year and still be ready to take on the farmer life without much effort.
To unlock the Island Sanctuary minigame, you just need to have a word with the Clueless Crier in Old Sharlayan.
MSQ quest location - how do I start the FFXIV 6.2 main story?
- Quest: "In Search of Azdaja" - Varshahn, Radz-at-Han
- Prerequisite: "A Satrap's Duty" - Weaver's Warding, Thavnair
Unlocking the FFXIV 6.2 MSQ isn't complicated. So long as you've wrapped up the 6.1 MSQ quest that started with Tataru in the Rising Stones and ended with The Satrap's Duty, you should be good to grab the next from Varshahn in Radz-at-Han.
Fell Court of Troi unlock quest location - how do I unlock the FFXIV 6.2 dungeon?
- Quest: "???"
- Prerequisite: "A Satrap's Duty" - Weaver's Warding, Thavnair
A move from the old way of unlocking quests that were often side-story content, recent years have seen a single new dungeon release with each major patch, with it always being tied directly into the main storyline.
That means unlocking it shouldn't be the mystery it once was. You'll be able to unlock Expert Roulette again with ease. Just continue through the MSQ and you'll unlock it in no time. Sometimes it's right at the start, and sometimes it's right at the end. We'll just have to wait and see.
FFXIV 6.2 raid unlock location - how do I unlock Pandaemonium Abyssos?
- Quest: "An Unwelcome Visitor" - Clauden, Labyrinthos (X: 8.6, Y: 27.5)
- Prerequisite: "Who Wards the Warders?"
To continue on with the FFXIV 6.2 raid series that started a few weeks after the Endwalker release, you'll be heading back to Labyrinthos.
The conservation park beneath Sharlayan housed the way to Hydaelyn during the expansion. Nowadays, it's where a bunch of scholars repeatedly ask you to venture back into the star's distant past to investigate the prison the ancients used to contain any of their creations that just weren't fit to contribute to the wider world.
For the second go, we'll be taking on what would eventually become the lovable carbuncle. After that, who knows?
Tataru's Grand Endeavor quest locations - How do I unlock the FFXIV 6.2 side story?
- Quest: "Bitter Snow" - Shirabaht, Radz-at-Han (X:7.7 Y:9.4)
- Prerequisite: "Endwalker," "A Path Unveiled," "To Calmed Seas," "Laid to Rest," Ever March Heavensward," and "The Gift of Mercy."
If you want to get stuck into Tataru's new adventures, you'll need to be all caught up with the main scenario up until now. Tataru's questline requires completion of the Newfound Adventure quest that capped off 6.1.
That's because that 6.1 MSQ unlocked the quest Small Business, Big Dreams that you'll need to have cleared as well.
Further to that, you'll need to have completed A Redbill Farewell from back in the Heavensward days. That's the end of the Shadow of Mhach alliance raid series that began with Void Ark, so there's a hint as to what's about to go down.
The Minstrel's Ballad unlock location - how to unlock the FFXIV 6.2 trial
- Quest: "???" - Wandering Minstrel, Old Sharlayan (X: 12.7 / Y: 14.2)
- Prerequisite: ???
We won't know what the FFXIV 6.2 trial is until the big day, but we at least know where to unlock the Extreme version of it once it's down. Head to the Wandering Minstrel (who's in Old Sharlayan these days) to make quick work of this key unlock.
Sephirot Unreal unlock location - how do I unlock the FFXIV 6.2 Faux Hollow trial?
- Quest: "Fantastic Mr. Faux" - Painfully Ishgardian Man, Idyllshire (X: 7.0 / Y:5.9)
- Prerequisite: "Shadowbringers" MSQ and "Keeping Up with the Aliapohs."
A staple of every patch at this point, an old trial redux headlines this one as well. With the ARR bosses behind us, we're looking at Heavensward's Warring Triad for more. That means the deadly Sephirot is back to pound the ground beneath you.
The instigator of a key battle mechanic that lingers today (the tank split wave), Sephirot was seen as a difficulty spike in terms of FFXIV raids back in the day, so expect this Unreal version to bring him back to his former glory.
And that's your lot. We've covered everything you should need to know about the FFXIV 6.2 quest locations and unlocks. Though the vast majority of players will be jumping straight into the Island Sanctuary, there's plenty of other fun little questlines to get into here. The developer's even stressed that they don't want people rushing through the Island Sanctuary content on day one, so do them a favour and diversify your first day.