The best Dead Island 2 weapon mods are guaranteed to help you deal more damage when taking on hordes of the undead. After years of waiting and speculation, Dead Island 2 is finally here and just like its sequel, there are plenty of weapon mods available to customise your weapon arsenal.
As you work through the mission list, you'll encounter a wide range of zombie types capable of eliminating you with a few well-placed hits. If you've found a weak instead of one of the best weapons, don't throw it away without checking if a mod can improve its performance in the heat of battle.
Before we take a closer look at the best Dead Island 2 weapon mods, don't forget to check out our guides highlighting how to make money fast and how to fast travel around the streets of Hell-A in the blink of an eye.
What are the best Dead Island 2 weapon mods?
There's a wide range of mods for all guns and weapons in Dead Island 2. Depending on which one you choose, you can add a range of elemental effects that add even more damage to the target. For example, a weapon equipped with a Cremator mod applies burning while an Electrocutor mod adds some shock damage.
- Check out: How to craft Med Kits in Dead Island 2
With that said, the best Dead Island 2 mods to use are the Puncturator and Electrocutor mods. Puncturator mods give you the ability to inflict bleed damage onto the target alongside a huge damage boost.
Electrocutor mods are rather self-explanatory. A few quick hits of a weapon using the mod will send a sudden shockwave of electricity pulsing through the zombie. Most of the time, this kills them but if not, their health bar is extremely low making them a very easy target.
Dead Island 2 weapon mod list
As we're still working our way around Hell-A, we expect there are still plenty more mods to discover. Thankfully, we've already got our hands on most of the available blueprints. Here's a list of all Dead Island 2 weapon mods we've found so far:
- Cremator Mod - Converts your weapon to inflict fire damage and gives a damage boost. Successive hits apply the Ignited effect.
- Electrocutor Mod - Converts your weapon to inflict shock damage and gives a damage boost. Successive hits apply the Electrified effect.
- Liquidator Mod - Converts your weapon to inflict caustic damage and gives a damage boost. Successive hits apply the Melting effect.
- Impactor Mod - Converts your weapon to inflict physical damage and force boost. Successive hits apply the Traumatized effect.
- Puncturator Mod - Converts your weapon to inflict bleed damage and gives a damage boost. Successive hits apply the Bleeding effect.
If we find any new weapon mods, we'll update the guide with their effects and how they improve weapon damage.
That's all there is to know about the best Dead Island 2 weapon mods. For more, check out our guides revealing how to level up fast and all there is to know about crossplay functionality.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Guides and Dead Island 2 page.