If you're trying to figure out the most effective perks and spells for a mage, our guide on the best Dark and Darker Wizard build is just for you.
As in any battle royale, you'll be looking for the best loot and trying not to die, and playing as a fragile Wizard, it will be even harder. In each of your runs as a Wizard in Dark and Darker, every single mistake is fatal, so learn more about your favorite class and get an advantage over opponents.
Best Wizard skills and perks in Dark and Darker
Wizard is a class with slow interaction speed and poor survivability, but on the other hand, it boasts powerful spells, so they are the main focus of the build. Skills can be active or passive, and you can equip two of them at the same time. All Wizard skills are mighty, but we want to highlight three of the best of them:
- Meditation - You sit on the ground and restore spell points
- Spell Memory 2 - Increases your memory capacity
- Intense Focus - Increases your cast speed
Unlike skills, perks only have passive effects. You can equip them every five levels, so you can have four perks in total. Here are the best ones you should pay attention to:
- Quick Chant - Increases your casting speed.
- Sage - Increases your knowledge.
- Arcane Feedback - Your cast speed and base magic damage increase after you deal damage with an arcane spell.
- Arcane Mastery - Increases the damage of arcane spells and also reduces their cast time.
- Melt - You reduce physical resistance of your opponents when you deal fire damage.
- Reactive Shield - When you receive damage, you cast an arcane shield.
Best Wizard spells in Dark and Darker
The Wizard's spells are what make this class worth playing, as they have decent burst damage and control, and some of them can give you or your allies good buffs. You can also cast them on enemies through the door windows:
- Invisibility - Makes the target invisible and faster, and if there is no one nearby, the spell applies to you.
- Magic Missile - You fire 10 homing projectiles, but the spell will stop if you move.
- Fireball - You shoot a fireball that deals direct and splash damage and also knocks back nearby enemies.
- Haste - Adds action and movement speed to the target. And if no one is nearby, the spell applies to you.
- Zap - Damages and burns the target.
You may need some practice to play well as a Wizard. He is incredibly vulnerable, especially without a team, as he has a low movement and cast speed that can be difficult to get used to. Also, you need to learn how to use spells that can be applied to any target so that you don't accidentally buff the enemy. And if you are looking for more content like this, feel free to read our guide on whether Dark and Darker has crossplay.