Genshin Impact is an open-world game with vast regions, full of flora, fauna, and curious locations such as ruins and temples. However, it is also filled with different sorts of enemies to confront that come in different forms and factions. Today, we’ll be talking about the Oceanid of Qingce, Rhodeia of Loch.
The Oceanid of Qingce - Overview and Location
The Oceanid of Qingce is a Boss located in the Liyue region, in the middle of the furthest lake east to Qingce Village. She looks like a large, blue fairy that flies around the arena where we challenge her. After she’s defeated, the player must consume 40 Original Resin to claim her drops, which consist of various Artifacts and Ascension Materials for several Hydro characters.
The Oceanid of Qingce - Abilities and Attacks
Rhodeia of Loch - Abilities
Sinking Platform: After clearing two waves of Hydro Mimics, the Oceanid will select two random tiles in the 3x3 grid and sink them. This will deal moderate damage if caught in its AoE.
Submerge: The Oceanid submerges for a period of time, before resurfacing again.
Whirlpool: If the Hydro Mimics are not defeated in a certain amount of time, the Oceanid creates a whirlpool below the player that follows them, deals DoT damage, and explodes after a while, dealing massive damage.
Rhodeia of Loch - Attacks
The Oceanid summons various different water animals that must be fought and defeated in order to harm the boss. There are 8 different types of mimics in total that can be spawned by Oceanid. Each type has a decreased resistance to a certain element.
These mimics appear three at a time when summoned by Rhodeia. They take 55% more damage against Electro attacks.
- Hydro Mimic Crane - Azure Cranes that attack the player from afar, flapping their wings to create powerful Hydro waves. If approached, they may back off, much like Fatui bracers.
- Hydro Mimic Raptor - Flying creatures who swoop down on the player to slash at them with their talons.
These mimics appear two at a time. There are two groups of these mimics with two types in each group, one taking 55% more damage from Cryo and the other against Pyro attacks. The ones susceptible to Pyro are capable of healing themselves.
Weak to Cryo
- Hydro Mimic Mallard - Ducks with a Hydro aura around them that deals rapid damage to players inside them.
- Hydro Mimic Crab - Crabs that tend to walk perpendicularly around the player, spewing bubbles from their claws that deal light but rapid Hydro damage. They occasionally stop once in a while to rest before moving on.
Weak to Pyro
- Hydro Mimic Boar - These boars tend to ram the player up close.
- Hydro Mimic Squirrel - These squirrels perform rapid swipes against the player.
These mimics appear one at a time when summoned by Rhodeia. They take 55% more damage from Geo attacks, and when killed, transform into a bomb that covers a wide area and deals massive Hydro damage upon detonation.
- Hydro Mimic Frog - Frogs that use both the finches' and cranes' attacks against the player.
- Hydro Mimic Finch - Finches primarily attack by jumping and plunging at the player.
The Oceanid of Qingce - Fight Strategy
Ok, for this fight, you need to be sure you’re playing Catalyst or Bow Users, ideally Electro units, because the raptors are especially troublesome if you have no means to attack them while they’re flying. In the most extreme case, Keqing’s Elemental Skill can be directed to them when you hold it, but it’s way less efficient than just using Lisa or Fischl.
Now, since all the Mimics are Hydro beings, they’re always exposed to reactions like Vaporize and Electro-charged, so it’ll be useful to have units that can trigger these Reactions. Keep in mind that after a few steps, Rhodeia will start making platforms disappear, so keep moving and avoid falling into the water.
The Oceanid of Qingce - Rewards
Depending on your World Level, you will obtain different rewards after defeating Rhodeia of Loch. These will vary on amount and rarity depending on that, and the list goes as follows:
- Varunada Lazurite Sliver
- Varunada Lazurite Fragment
- Varunada Lazurite Chunk
- Varunada Lazurite Gemstone
- Cleansing Heart
- The Exile
- Tiara of Torrents
- Gladiator's Nostalgia
- Troupe's Dawnlight