September is almost over and Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 8 is in full swing.
With all that excitement, many players may not be thinking of next month's Crew pack.
The Crew provides players with a great opportunity to get more bang for their V-Buck, and the latest addition of more benefits means that Crew Memberships are even harder to pass up.
The first crew pack was introduced at the start of 2021, with the offerings getting better and better as months go on and Epic learn more about what their fans desire.
When Is The October Fortnite Crew Pack Released?
The next Crew Pack is always available the last day of the previous month.
Players can expect the update to drop at 8 p.m EST on September 30, 2021.
That's 1 a.m. BST on October 1st, 2021 for those in the UK.
How Does it Work?
Fortnite Crew is a monthly subscription service that offers players 1000 V-Buck, a Skin, and at least one other cosmetic item each and every month.
With a Fortnite Crew subscription, players always have access to the current Season’s Battle Pass.
If players own the Battle Pass and then decide to sign up for the Fortnite Crew service, the V-Bucks used to purchase the Battle Pass will be refunded.
If a player ends their subscription service with Fortnite Crew, they still get to keep the Battle Pass and any Crew Skins they already have from the service.
September's Crew Pack was the first of three Midas Operatives, The Burning Wolf.
Epic has revealed that the October skin will be Chaos Origins, though there is no word on what other items he will come with as of yet.
As a bonus, players who maintain an active Crew subscription for September, October, and November will receive a bonus style for each of the skins released in those months.
See the cover image of this article for a look at these alternate styles.
Along with cosmetics, a Battle Pass, and 1,000 V-Bucks, a Crew membership also offers players other bonuses.
In the past players have gotten extra Loading Screens, 3 months of free Spotify Premium, and even Save the World for free.
Fortnite Crew Legacy
Epic Games has finally launched the Fortnite Crew Legacy set, a Back Bling and Pickaxe that evolve the longer players remain members of the Crew.
There are six stages to the Legacy set:
- Stage 1: Unlock the Protocol Pack Back Bling upon being subscribed or subscribing to Fortnite Crew. If you’re not subscribed when the v17.50 update releases, you’ll unlock it immediately when you do subscribe.
- Stage 2: The Back Bling evolves, adding the Protocol Elite Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 1.
- Stage 3: The Back Bling evolves again, adding the Protocol Overdrive Style. The Zen Axe Pickaxe emerges from the Back Bling. Both happen on the 14th of the month after Stage 2.
- Stage 4: The Pickaxe evolves, adding the Zen Striker Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 3.
- Stage 5: The Pickaxe evolves again, adding the Zen Ultra Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 4.
- Stage 6: The Pickaxe evolves once more, adding the Zen Assault Axe Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 5.
How Much Does It Cost?
The service costs £9.99 a month in the UK, and $11.99 in the US.
How To Join Fortnite Crew
The Fortnite Crew subscription can be purchased directly from the Item Shop or Battle Pass purchase screen.
You can join or re-join at any time.
How To Cancel Purchase
Players can cancel their Fortnite Crew subscription at any time and you get to keep the rewards.
To cancel your subscription, go directly in-game and check out the Fortnite Crew tab to guide you based on your active game device.
Even after canceling, your membership will remain effective until the end of your current billing period.
You will keep all previously awarded Battle Passes, V-Bucks, and Crew Packs.